“Best for price.”

Ranked #52 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
Austin, Texas
“Best for price.”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I wanted a nice cheap place to stay with Internet and found it. The hotel is slowly fixing up and making improvements in each of the rooms. It is not fancy, but was comfy. Everyone was nice and helpful. There is Wifi for your laptop or two pc's in lobby to get connected. The hotel is tucked away in a side street in the middle of Thamel, so really close to everything without the noise.

Room Tip: Upper floors were better rooms.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thanks a lot for your comments............

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
chiang mai
Reviewed September 14, 2011

this hotel is really like a home to me, the owner and all the staff are like my family now. they always help AUTOMATICALLY!! for example, when i was asking where to send the postcards, they offer to send them for me. and when i asked if i can borrow some glue to put the stamp on the postcards, they offered to do it for me! and when i was using laptop to talk on skype, they AUTOMATICALLY(again) offer their headphone set for me. i never have to ask for help because they always do it before i ask. thank them!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
HimalayanYeti, Manager at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thanks a lot for nice review showing to our coming guest about our service ....
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I honestly don't know how anyone could give this place a good rating. It was easily the worst place I stayed in one month in Nepal, including the modest trekking teahouses in the middle of nowhere. The only good thing is the friendly guy on the front desk. The hotel is down a grotty rubbish filled alley, and the whole building and my 'Deluxe' Room was filthy throughout and extremely run down. Cigarette holes in the bedcover, sheet, also with hairs still on it, matress, jumping insects (fleas?) filthy stains on everything including the 'wooden' mattress and gross towels. I tried to sleep on top of my own towel so I didn't contact the bed. The bathroom was so disgusting there was no way i would have a shower there (brown water coming out of the rusty tap!), and the toilet didn't flush. I wish I checked straight back out. I did not use the internet or have the included breakfast because I wanted to spend as little time in the place as possible.

Room Tip: just dont go.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Sophie H
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Sophie,

We are so sorry about it its my mistake to manage you in deluxe room at the time i was out of office with other clients so my staff give you wrong room and one thing is cancel by group departure on same day. Anyway thanks a lot for your advice by review so we will improve our management definitely we will request you wel come back to see our change.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Hotel Silver Home is the perfect hotel for low budgets in Kathmandu. It's very close to Thamel, the turistic area and the staff is very friendly. They also have contacts with travel, trek, rafting agency which are very good! The rooms are ok and they provide pillows, blankets and towels. I definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Visit different rooms!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear Guest Thank you very much for your Happiness with our hospitality and services , show to all new clients up coming. Still we are going on to serve best service for all clients.
Galle, Sri Lanka
Reviewed August 20, 2011

they provide 24h hot water, clean room, fan, etc...

the owner speaks perfect English, Chinese, he will help you arrange the trips very well at a reasonable price. Those guys work in the front desk are really polite, and they will help you do anything you ask.

They have two public computers you can use, such a plus!

I didn't find an excellent hotel in entire Nepal, this one deserves a GOOD!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank interjuyi
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
So glad see our clients are happy with our service. Many thanks for your great comment.
Potsdam, Germany
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Hotel Silver Home is my first stop when I come to Kathmandu. As a low-budget-traveler, I find here the best service feasible. From here I can organize everything. The staff is super helpful and trustworthy. Whether taxi, housekeeping, shopping tips, tour packages (the hotel owner is a professional organizer to complete Nepal) or simple things of everyday life, the solution is the reception.
Over the years the personnel has changed, but the service remains the same. I need no other place more if I come to Kathmandu.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 11, 2011

been there once, the hotel may not be a five stars nor great hotel, but but the location is pretty good, and the friendly owner Yogesh Lama gives me a very good impression.. friendly and helpful.. always welcome u with his sincere smile.. CHEERS~~

Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Thank you very much for your lovely comment,,,,