Hotel Kathmandu View
$101
$91
$140
$119
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
$163
  • Restaurant
$135
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 22, 2013

very sweet place to stay in Thamel, clean rooms, very good people and good prices...I do recomend for groups...our group spent there 10 nice and smooth days...we will come back this year 100 percent, thanks :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Lukas J
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My friend and I stayed one week in this hotel KathmanduView Hotel in a clean double room with hot shower and tv, and we have a very nice time, the staff is very helpful and the hotel is in the center of Thamel definitely a very good location

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nownie
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Kathmandu View Hotel during our last 2 nights in Nepal, the hotel is located in Thamel street, convenient is definitely number one here, we especially love the bakery shop next to the hotel, bread are on 50% off starting 8pm daily. All other shopping are also within 5 mins walk.
We love the hot shower here, it's available all day! I also especially remembered the boy who help us carry our knapsack when we first checked in, every time we bump into him, he would give us a big smile which make us feel so hospitable during our short stay here. Free wifi available in the hotel lobby, those big comfy couch will makes you want stay on them forever.
Overall pleasant and worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Angietgp
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for about seven days. The staff are friendly and helpful. They helped me find a hat and a jumper I left there weeks ago. The hotel has hot water just takes a little time to come through. I never eat there I always went to the bakery two places up the road for breaky (with 45 rupee croissants) and the Roadhouse (by far my favourite restaurant in Thamel) is just up the road. They do shut the gate of the hotel late at night. If you are locked out just yell down the corridor, behind the gate, to get the gate unlocked.

Room Tip: Third floor and second floor rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Jordan S
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a lovely hotel situated bang in the heart of Thamel. It is 1 minute to Helena's and the Roadhouse restaurants and no more than 2-3 minutes to Hot Bread/Curry Kitchen and K-Too Steakhouse restaurants. It is also near the bars/clubs of Thamel with Tom And Jerries only 2mins away, 3 mins to Sams Bar and 1 min to Fire Club. The rooms themselves are adequate and clean enough and get cleaned daily.There is free wi-fi for laptops and an open indoor courtyard for sitting in. They also have the hottest and most powerful showers i have had in my times in Nepal!! Upstairs there is a lovely restaurant too.Nothing is too much trouble for Bishnu the owner and Deepak his manager,they were great guys with us and organised anything that was needed.Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends