Hotel Kathmandu View
$37
Trekkers' Home(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
$9
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This place has it all. Whatever you want to do, ask the Manager who can help with anything you need. It is centrally located in Thamel section. It also has it's own restaurant with excellent dishes from India and Nepal. There's a Travel Agency in-house, as well as a Cyber-Cafe that attracts many people. The rooms are Air Conditioning, clean, and hot and cold waters. I'm sure I'm missing more, like they have Laundry and so much more.
Everything was here, just as if like in the U.S.
Internet available throughout the hotel.

I give this Hotel 5 Stars. Contact them today.

Room Tip: Every room has good location, but see if street-view room is available.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank John D
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We should have read what is written here ... We booked in advance and arrived late, otherwise I would have checked out for sure!
The location is good - that's the only positive thing I can say about this place. But there are so many other guesthouses in the same area, there is really no need to stay here.

We booked a suite to have a bit more space. The room was cramped with 3 beds - we only booked and needed one. The sheets were dirty and everything felt like I would rather not touch it. The bathroom was stained, the toilet seat loose, no light and open wires.

The hotel calls itself a business hotel but we did not find a single accessible power outlet in the complete room and the hotel did not have a power generator, so around 8 hours every day there's no power. That's normal for a cheap guesthouse but not for a business hotel. The promised wireless network was non-existent. The phone was dead.

The lights in the room are neon bright and noisy.

We had trouble to get food in time - though we booked with a breakfast buffet which should have started an hour earlier.

The staff can't help the situation much but they are not especially friendly and helpful either.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This is my friend's hotel and OK for low-budget travellers. Service is nice and the hotel is located to Thamel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Roy S
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I found the hotel to be very special because of the services offered. I booked a four day tour around Nepal from the hotel last minute with a great rate and had a fantastic time

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank sadelsob
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stayed here with a friend in Oct 2009. We booked on the internet and were very disapointed when we got there. We were collected from the airport which was a great bonus bu the hotel was very dark and cold. The running water wasnt hot and I think we had the WORST pillow I have ever had. I think it was made of elephant hair wrapped aroung a boulder!!!!! We planned on returning to this hotel following a trip to Chitwan but changed our minds after just one night there. Thank goodness we hadnt paid for all of the stay. Like I say- you get what you pay for but it wasnt the cheapest on the net it just looked ok.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends