“Rude staff ruined the experience.”

Yangling Tibetan Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 765 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Rude staff ruined the experience.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I ordered veg soup, and my friend ordered veg thukpa. When my soup arrived it was less than half the size of my friend's, even though they were the same price. When I asked the manager why this was, he was very rude and abusive. The food here is cheap but the poor attitude of the staff ruined this meal for us.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank anisahnanah

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This may be a very simple unaesthetic restaurant, but the food is delicious. The buff momos are excellent, and at 100Nrs a real bargain! The sauce is great, not too spicy and not too mild. The vegetable thentuk is also really good- wide thick noodles in soup with lots of veg. I ate here almost for a month straight everyday. A cup of their milk tea and buff momos were something I looked forward to everyday. Highly recommended! Tip: steamed momos are far better than fried.

Visited September 2013
china
“best momo in town”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

its very good restaurent who wants to have cheap and quick food in thamel. we found in lonely planet and just follow and they are not wrong 100% worth it!

Visited July 2013
“Amazingly cheap.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The Yangling may not be the most aesthetically pleasing restaurant but don't let this put you off, you soon forget about it! The food here is incredible and it is ridiculously cheap.
We were recommended to go here by a tour guide and we were so glad we listened to his advice. We ended up returning a further two times.
Try: veg chilli momos and buff thenthuk.
Be warned: the restaurant stop serving at 9pm. This is when the staff eat so they will be adamant in getting you to leave as quickly as possible

• Visited August 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“So cheap and so yummy!!! Best momo in Thamel!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Yangling is amazingly cheap and the food is such good quality and tasty!!! best momos I have had and I have had alot of momos! Although you may be waiting a long time for your food... I love this place!

• Visited August 2013