“Amazing food.”

Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I live just a stone's throw away from the restaurant. My friend introduced me to the restaurant. Lived in the area for over 20 years and didn't even bother to go in there. I first visited in 2010 and absolutely loved the food.....the place was full of tourist....it is doing something right to attract all the attention. Met the owner who was very polite....in short, tasty food...reasonable price....

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I live just a stone's throw away from the restaurant. My friend introduced me to the restaurant. Lived in the area for over 20 years and didn't even bother to go in there. I first visited in 2010 and absolutely loved the food.....the place was full of tourist....it is doing something right to attract all the attention. Met the owner who was very polite....in short tasty food...reasonable price....

Reviewed September 12, 2012

we went here one friday lunchtime and the place was packed but think its generally very busy. The food was above average with good service, friendly and prompt. Really enjoyed the momo's and the dyanimte dip that goes with them. If you are looking for something rustic and where ther's a good mix of locals, mountain guides and a wide range of tourist demographies then this is the place! Mad, good fun and an enjoyable lunch.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Came here several times during a stay in Kathmandu. Huge plates of momos and beer for agreat price. You cansee inot the litchen where the staff are literally a momo making assembly line. Very nonsense and straight forward and recommended for a quick, cheap, tasty eating option in the heart of Thamel.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Once I found this place, it became a regular stop for lunch or dinner as I travelled through Kathmandu several times during my 2 months in Nepal. They serve good quality momos and Kothey (fried momos) and thukpa (noodle soup). Prices are extremely reasonable for the portion sizes. Staff is very attentive and the food comes out steaming hot and fresh. Whether I was alone or with a group, never was there anything ordered that was not thoroughly enjoyed. I was even able to get butter tea for the first time since I was in Tibet in 2009. It really is an acquired taste item so beware!