“Relaxing mini yoga retreat”

and 1 more site!
Himalayan Yoga Academy and Retreat
Ranked #67 of 174 Specialty Lodging in Kathmandu
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at HIYA for 4 days and it was amazing. The yoga, therapies and meditation sessions are wonderful. The area is situated away from the busy city, great place for fresh air, quiet time and a nice view of the Kathmandu valley. The people are very friendly and hospitable and the food was great. They also responded to me promptly in such a short notice, everything was taken cared of and hassle free. I highly recommend this place for those who enjoy yoga and for those who wants to have a relaxing time on their own. I hope to come back again one day.
Kat C.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kat C

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at HIYA for a week and absolutely loved it. Everybody there was so friendly and made me so welcome. The yoga, meditation and treatments were all fantastic and the food was great.
I stayed in a tent which was very comfortable and the views from it of the Kathmandu Valley were beautiful. I would highly recommend this place for anyone interested in yoga/meditation/relaxation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Katelin T
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I had a great time at HIYA. We did yoga every morning, meditation every evening, had great food, and great therapies. HIYA is located in the hills so it's away from the city and the air is fresh and clean. However, it's close enough to the city so that you can travel to the city if you wish.

It's incredibly relaxing and peaceful as well. I needed a break from my daily hectic life, and HIYA was the perfect place to be. I met many interesting and wonderful folks. Being at HIYA also gave me a new perspective on life, for which I'm grateful.

The one regret I have is that I went in January and it was very cold. I didn't realize there wouldn't be heat and so wasn't really prepared for the cold. Overall though, I had an amazing experience and highly recommend this yoga retreat!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank morrowkd
Reviewed May 20, 2012

It is in the hills, away from the busy Thamel region in downtown Kathmandu, which is a much needed escape. The green gardens are very peaceful, and the air is cleaner. Close enough to Thamel to be accessible, but much more relaxing. Yoga, meditation, massage, along with other therapies and cleansings - with those and the beautiful grounds it is set on, overall a very relaxing place to spend time!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The locations has a wonderful view to the Kathmandu Vally, but still out of the noice. Wonderful garden, and nice tents with at sittingarea. Nice, clean and simple, perfect for getting into the practicing of yoga. A stay of three nights and four days I got the feeling of getting into the "beats" of yoga, a nice introduction and a taste of the yoga lifestyle, meditation and tools to create a calm, focused and healthy body and mind. The stay gave me the a awarness of the balance that is possible to contribute (or at least reach for!) while doing yogameditation. Wish I could stay a little longer!
Namaste.
...do not sleep. Kari.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kari W
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I spent 5 days here over Easter. I came in desperate need of some down time away from my hectic life in Hong Kong. I left feeling so refreshed, re-energised and happy. Yoga every morning, mediation every evening and lots of interesting people passing through on the way back from a great trekking adventure or full of expectation for a great adventure ahead. The location is perfect. 15-20 minutes in a taxi to the centre of Katmandu, set in the foothills of the Himalaya's, beautifully tranquil, and restful and yet close enough to explore the main tourist sites. Fabulous walks in the surrounding areas in breathtaking scenery that nurtures the soul. Helpful, friendly, happy, staff whose energy and warmth rubs off on you. Delicious healthy, vegetarian food. I defy anyone not to leave this place relaxed. happy and ready for life!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Flashski
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I spent a week at the Centre with the aim of learning meditation, yoga and recharging my body.
The first thing that I noticed was the halo of pure air that surrounds the centre - a far cry from the heavy city pollution. The warm welcome is enhanced by the glowing faces of the guests, it was clear to me straight away I was in a place that would be good for my health.

Food at the centre is organic with no meat, totally delicious as well as cleansing for the body. One of my highlights of the week was helping in the kitchen and learning how to make Momos!

Daily treatments add a touch of luxury, I particularly enjoyed the reiki which left my body fully relaxed and floating.

Morning yoga and evening mediation are available every day and are educational, restorative and enjoyable classes. I have learnt a lot and feel equipped to take the practices back to my everyday life.

Teaching also takes place at the centre and these long term classes create a sense of community and family at the centre that is very welcome to those travelling from place to place.

I loved sleeping in my tent, it was very comfortable and refreshing to be close to nature - do bring ear plugs for a restful nights sleep!

There are many activities nearby and the team at the centre are glad to help with any trips you want to make.

I had the good fortune of meeting the astrologer - if you can have your palm read with him it comes highly reccomended!

I leave feeling rebalanced, recharged and restored and look forward to returning to the centre again in the future.

Thank you to the Dr and the amazing staff who have al contributed to a healing week.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you sleep in the tents!