“France in Nepal”

Delices de France French restaurant
Cuisines: French, Nepali
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went to Delice de France twice and in both times we love it's friendly and Food was excellent. I highly recommend the entrecôte. Great selection of French wines
We were given a warm table in shivering cold during the powercut of Kathmandu. Staff was great and very professional.
I highly recommend this place which is one of the best French restaurant I have ever been to in Nepal.
Thanks to all.

There are newer reviews for Delices de France French restaurant

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went to this restaurant twice and even if it is just a little expensive for Nepal, the food was definitly worth it. It was delicious.
Being from belgium, I know what french cuisine is supposed to be like, and it was exactly what I as expecting.
The combination of french recipe with nepali products and specialties was both surprising and tasty. The place is super clean, casual and we even had a band (actually two people) playing relaxing guitar with maestria, and then a set of gypsie/flamenco/asian music which made us "travel" even further than our plates had already taken us.
Both evenings we spent there were great.
Food was excellent and it was so good to finally be able to eat medium cooked meat without having to be worried sick about sanitary issues.
Kuddo to the staff, from cooks to waiters and congratulation to the female manager whose name, unlike her food, i forgot. sorry. (Christine I think, but I'm not sure...)
Higly recommended.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very expensive for Kathmandu, and the food was definitly sub-par. The service, however, was very good.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Nicely resented food, small portions, but good quality. Small space in a commercial building, near a bank. They should try to find a better spot outside of Thamel since it is mostly expats who dine there. The dessert I had was apple momos, very disappointing. Another person in my party had a mango dessert - it was made with canned mangos! yikes.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a place for authentic, but not heavy, French cuisine. Try the chicken with olives, or the boeuf bourguignon. There is also an assiette mediterraneenne, which is incredibly, well, Mediterranean, given this is Kathmandu! Christine herself, the owner, has very a pleasant and warm personality, and she is ready to share with you useful tips about the city. If you're lucky, you may visit on one of those nights when excellent jazz musicians play at Delices de France. You just need to make a little bit of an effort to find the place (on the first floor inside a courtyard), but it is well worth it! Car parking inside.