“Truly a garden home!”

Ambassador Garden Home
Ranked #35 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at the ambassador garden home for 9 days in total, on two different occasions in may 2014. And I can tell you it was a great experience. The staff will help you with anything and make sure that this experience will be a memorable one. At the gate and reception you are always greeted with a smile and this, plus the quiet garden and comfortable rooms makes you feel like you have just stepped into your home in another country. For people who seek to explore Kathmandu and live in it's center, but still want to have a comfortable and quiet resort, then this is the perfect option for you.

P. S. They make the best milkshakes in the whole of Kathmandu. Be sure to try one!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Per-Christian94
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review, we are glad to know that you had wonderful stay at Ambassador Garden Home.

we do hope that we will have chance to serve you in future too.

AGH family

There are newer reviews for Ambassador Garden Home

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I love this place all by heart.
Once I stepped into little lobby, lovely footman will open the door for me and say "Namaste" to me.
All in a word, I extremely recommend this place as a home in Kathmandu!

P.s. Our hospitable and sincere travel agent Bicky, invited us to his place and his wife- Madam Porla is an expert in Nepali Cuisine. Love you, Madam!

Qiongyu

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ZOOMAMA2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review, we all are happy to know that we had very pleasant stay with us.

we do hope that we will have chance to serve you in future too.

Thank you once again for your time.

warm reagrds,

AGH family & Prakash

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

My first visit to Nepal on my way to Tibet on my own . Staff are amazing , service is kind and thoughtful . Tour arranger was very accommodating and helped me fill my three day stopover with value for money , well organised activities . Room was cosy and comfortable and small issue was resolved very quickly ( air con stopped but was fixed quickly ) . Small hideaway in busy city , and everything you need and want to but right outside the doorstep !

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Wren68

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we all are delightful to know that you had wonderful stay at Ambassador Garden Home.

Thank you once again for your time.

we do have that we will have chance to serve you in future too.

AGH Family & Prakash

Reviewed May 10, 2014

after arriving in Kathmandu - the noisy, dusty and hectic city, the welcome of the staff at Ambassador Garden was like changing into another world.
peaceful, quiet and very much caretaking, they checked me in.
the entire hotel in the heart of Thamel is in a well picked style.
my room was large, the shower had pressure (this is not always seen in Nepal) and cleaning was as expected.
there is a bakery next door, so people for fresh baked and the need for espresso or cappucino is just a step away. also the money changer is next door.
they do offer travel assistance and laundry service.
next morning the breakfast was like in all Nepal lodges - 2 eggs any style, potatos, ham or bacon and excellent black tea. there have been other choices for payment as well, which I did not try.
the best beside the very warm and helpful staff was the clean and handpicked style of everything (they call themselve a Boutique hotel) and the quiet garden within the so powerful heart of Thamel.
Next time I travel to KTM, this will be my home again.

Room Tip: does not matter on where you book - it seems that the reasonable rate is on all booking sites and al...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank roman b
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we all are delightful to know that you had wonderful stay with us, yes we are 18 rooms boutique hotel in thamel with quality service. we believe in quality than quantity.

So that our guest usually said "HOME AWAY FROM HOME"

Please let us know in advance when you would like to book us due to only 18 rooms only need advance reservation.

Ambassador Garden Home Family

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Thanks to the Tripadvisor community for helping me find this wonderful hotel in the heart of Thamel. I am happy I chose to be in the bustling area, with narrow lanes and high energy shopping / bargaining rather than in a typical star hotel without any local character.

First, a word about the management and staff - they are extremely friendly and treat you like guests to their home. The attitude tarts with Mr Prakash who mingles with the guests and makes you feel comfortable.

Whether you are in the tastefully decorated lobby or the cosy garden dining area, you forget that you are in one of the busiest areas of Kathmandu. We stayed three nights at Ambassador and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

A few things to note:
We were a family of four; we chose the super deluxe room with an extra bed. They were kind enough to give us an extra mattress, so all of us had comfortable sleeping space. The room was large enough to accommodate all this and our luggage!

The hotel does not have a lift, so if you have difficulty climbing stairs, you may want to notify the hotel in advance to avoid the third or fourth floors. We didn't mind the bit of physical exercise of being on the 3rd floor.

Particularly, after a wholesome breakfast you will need that exercise. The pancakes are really huge and serve two (try the banana pancake, it's better than the rest). The chef is very good and can customise a meal to suit your preferences. But dinner service closes early (8.30pm), so you better hurry.

Or you could try one of the several cafes / restaurants in the neighbourhood that give you a lot of cuisine choice.

Overall, AGH is good value for money and I'd surely recommend it for a stay in Kathmandu.

Stayed: May 2014
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review, we all are delightful to know that you & your family had enjoyed stayed at Ambassador Garden Home.

we do hope to have chance to serve you in future too.

Thank you once again for your valuable time.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I am from Hong Kong and I spend totally 3 nights at Ambassador Garden Home. This hotel really like a family house, all staffs are very nice and helpful, with excellent location in Thamel I can get everthings when I walk out. There is a concierge and gate at the enterance, I feel very safe staying there. The rooms are clean with hot water and air conditioner. The garden view for dinning which I like the most ! :) Also the high speed wifi coverage are good!!!!

Only thing for improvement is if there is a bathtub or spa facility in the room would be perfect :)

Room Tip: All room are nice, don't worry. They have the power generator to ensure the stable power supply.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank travelluckymonkey
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review, it is always indeed when you work as a team.

we all are happy to know you had wonderful stay at Ambassador garden home,

Hope to have chance to serve you in future too.

Prakash Lamichhane

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just been back and stayed in AGH for 3 nights during our 10 days in Nepal; when I book hotel directly by Email; I got offered early bird offer, for deluxe room; it's like an oasis in desert with their cozy garden; tidy and tasteful room; always hot water for shower; clean; safe; no power cut off and on top of everything Nabin and whole hotel crew are just amazing; always tending to what we like; what we'll need; it's exceeding our expectation how much care they put to make customer happy and specially they helped us arranged a room when theirs are fully booked so that we are free of trouble when we arrive late in KTM; I'll definitely go back there every time I visit Nepal .

They make us feel like home and well taken care of.

Eileen & Helen

Room Tip: Choose garden side if you like quietness
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

we all are happy to know you had wonderful stay at Ambassador garden home,

Hope to have chance to serve you in future too.

Prakash Lamichhane