“feeling at home”

Ranked #29 of 202 Hotels in Kathmandu
Shanghai, China
“feeling at home”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

really a special experience to stay here-like my home. I had interesting talk with the owner-Prakash, he is a very kind man and friendly, the decoration style looks a little bit like traditional ancient China, which I felt familiar and comfortable.
you never get problem with power off, you know its a key issue when travelling in Nepal. haha

Andy Zhang
China

Room Tip: i booked the room by agoda.com few days before
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Andy Z
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review , we all are happy to know that you had pleasant stay at Ambassador Garden Home.

warm Regards,

Prakash Lamichhane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We selected the hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor -- and it didn't dissapoint us. All the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Their treatment made us felt special -- arranging transportation from/to the airport in a high-end vehicle, organizing day trips just for us, having dinner with the owner of the hotel, and the departing gifts -- really beyond our expectations !

It is not a usual five-star hotel, but rather a cozy place where we felt at ease -- just like home. I have stayed at numeorus hotels in the USA, Europe and Asia, but felt nothing like it when stayed at Ambassador Garden Home -- they truly put efforts to live up to every word of the name...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Khandaker A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we all are delightful to know that you had great stay at Ambassador Garden home,

Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I loved staying here - all of the staff were absolutely wonderful, and I really did feel like they were my family in Nepal. I had a rather disastrous trip, between all of my flights to Nepal being cancelled and re-routed from North America due to weather, my luggage being lost and taking 10 days to arrive, and then a trekking accident. Everyone at AGH went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and safe. The service is exceptional and I was sad to say good-bye when it came time to leave.

The rooms are lovely, very clean, and the restaurant and garden are very nice. The food was good, and the location can't be beat. Especially as a single woman in Thamel, I would recommend staying somewhere very central as it is much safer than walking through Thamel at night by yourself. That was one of the reasons that I chose AGH after looking at the map.

Of course, you can find cheaper rooms in Thamel - it really depends on what you're looking for, but the value of the room for me was excellent as it was very nice. Last time I stayed in Kathmandu my rooms were between $10-15, and I really wanted to stay somewhere nicer this time. I also found it refreshing that the guests were mostly families and couples, not backpackers. If you want somewhere safe, and clean, with very nice rooms (a bed and breakfast type of atmosphere) that is also quiet, I highly recommend Ambassador Garden Home. I hope I can go back again sometime soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Trekkinggirl

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This boutique style hotel is in the heart of the Thamel area of Kathmandu. The location is right in the heart of Thamel, but yet the hotel is incredibly quiet and peaceful. The location was perfect with all facilities at the door, and a fabulous mini supermarket right across the road. The hotel is right in the heart of the tourist area, with a fabulous assortment of restaurants and cafes. All the staff at the hotel were attentive, and could not do more for us. Our room was on the 3rd floor with everything that we could need. Comfortable beds, good heating, gorgeous bathroom and hot water. Breakfast was in the courtyard, delicious and plentiful. I would highly recommend this hotel, and I would definitely stay here again. Thank you Ambassador Garden Home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SDicks0n

Rome, Italy
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I can't wait to write this review about this hotel on my first night here. The lobby and garden are already the best part of this place. The room, furniture inside, shower room facilities all are worn. Water came out from the top of shower head (see my photos). Toilet seat is completely loose. Cleanness is not up to standard. I was shocked to see the toilet seat is covered by water (hopefully it is only water) when I arrived.
What I booked is superior double room, and it was said to have seating area and tea/coffee maker, but I was given a twin beds room with no these facilities. I didn't make complaint when I realised these because I really didn't want to repack my luggage and move.
All in all, it is not a place I wish to stay. Unfortunately, I have already prepaid for 3 nights. Shame!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank L W
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, about the shower curtain rod, that is not worn , that is flexible rod which can increase or decrease according to wall size. & shower cap, it would be nice that you should have told us during your stay at Ambassador Garden Home , that is also not the worn , just need to tight more, which has been fixed already , about tea & coffee maker , every room has these facility so every evening we provide boiled bottle water for thermos for tea & coffee , other facilities are in check in time mini bar is free for ever room , every day free bottle water supply in room , news paper , 24 hours electricity with heating system , wifi free etc these are the facilities which you have used.

we all are very sorry that you have not satisfied ,if we will have chance to serve you in future then we will never let you down.

Thank you once again for pointing the things.

warm Regards,

Ambassador Garden Home
family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It wasn't til the end of my travels through Nepal that I truly appreciated what a gem both the Ambassador Garden Home and their staff were. Prakesh and Nahib attended to all my needs, from booking day tours, to finding me someone to take me sari shopping, and picking me up at the airport and bus stop (as a woman traveling alone, these things were very important for me). My room was quiet, cosy and warm (heating is not readily available throughout Nepal in the winter months) and the only days I did not sleep with my wooly hat on were my 3 nights before and 2 nights after my trip to Pokhora and trekking thereafter. The hotel itself was wonderfully designed, with a tranquil breakfast/lunch courtyard and the included breakfast was plentiful and delicious. I would highly recommend staying here, for comfort, convenience, service and value.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating us in TA , we all are happy to know that you had wonderful stay at Ambassador Garden Home, Hope to have chance to serve you in future too.

Warm Regards,

AGH family
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

The place is beautiful and very neat and tidy.
The ambience s too good.
Good service. Good people.
The interiors are so good. Also located in the central thamel which is convenient for commute and shopping.
Seems like a sAfe place to walk around at night too
Good restaurants neArby too