“Wonderful hotel experience”

Ranked #34 of 209 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at AGH both before and after our trek and loved our stay.

The first room we had was a little bit compact with a double bed right against the wall (not ideal for couples). The 2nd room was much bigger and had a good size bed in the middle of the room. Both rooms were lovely and clean with beautiful decor. They had good size bathrooms and great hot showers. Both rooms faced the courtyard and were super quiet.

The hotel is right in the middle of Thamel so makes it easy to pop back if you need some peace and quiet from the busy streets.

The courtyard where breakfast is served is really nice and the breakfast included in the room price is great.

As previous reviewers have mentioned what really makes this hotel are all the staff that work there - they're a fabulous team !

Thank you for a lovely stay and we'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your time for writing this review, we all are happy to know that you had very wonderful time at Ambassador Garden Home.

we do hope that we will have chance to serve you or your friends , family again in future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I discovered AGH via trip advisor and decided it was the place for us for the last two nights of our Nepal adventure after coming down from the mountains. However one of our group suffered from Altitude sickness and we came back early, giving us 5 nights in Kathmandu.

We were very very thankful that they had a room for us, even though l was concerned as it was near the stair well! But we never heard anyone else and the hotel was booked out. Our room had everything we required, big fluffy towels, hot water, heat, wifi and two large waters everyday, ample and spot on breakfast included in tariff. We were in heaven!

What makes it so great is the staff! It really is like coming home everyday, as they ask how was your day or in the morning " did you sleep well". I recommend this hotel and also thank them for our fantastic stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnG62

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I chose Ambassador Garden Home after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and I am glad I did. I stayed here for the first two nights and last two nights of my trip. On the first night I arrived quite late into the night but the hotel manager was there to greet me to a nicely heated room with complementary juice / beer. I never experienced any heat / electricity issues at this hotel.
Though the hotel is located right in the middle of Thamel you do not hear any noise from your room. Also I appreciated the fact that there is a security guard on stand by 24/7 at the hotel gate.
Every staff is very friendly and will speak with you to make sure you are okay.
I also had my trip to Pokhara arranged from the hotel's travel service.The travel manager was very quick on his feet and efficient to arrange everything.
It's the staff and the whole ambiance that made me feel very much at home, top recommendation for anyone visiting Kathmandu!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at AGH for two nights as i wanted to be in Thamel for new year celebrations. On check-in, we were guided to our room which had all modern amenities. This is a boutique hotel and we fell in love with how they have decorated the room.

The staff is very friendly. The kitchen staff cooks excellent meals and i can say that its the best food i had in Nepal throughout my stay. The owner himself takes interest in speaking to the guests to get their feedback.

Being right in the middle of Thamel, this hotel is like an oasis. Pubs, restaurants, shops, supermarkets, etc. are all walking distance away from the hotel. Taxis are readily available outside the hotel and they have their own travel company to arrange treks, flights, etc.

10/10 to this hotel for making the last part of our Nepal trip the most memorable part.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Discoverer00

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Perfect place to be in kathmandu... Very cosy with excellent hospitality... Every staff was so responsible and welcoming from your guards, waitors,receptionist,room service and above all Prakash and Nabin. Definately coming back again..wish AGH a very happy new year and years and years of success !!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Viv1676

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed here with my family of 5 for 2 nights on arriving and 1 night on leaving Kathmandu. It was clean, comfortable and had friendly staff plus good location. It was also quite although there is a club next door and the breakfast is very good. Free wifi and 2 PC for guests to use on the lounge. Also mini bar had good stock of some drinks and a couple of Nepali beers which was complimentary! I and my kids loved it so much that I booked it again on our way back from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Oh and electricity is on all the time as they have a generator that kicks in every time there is a power cut. All in all, a brilliant place to stay in Kathmandu.

Room Tip: Superior Deluxe is excellent value for money and we were upgraded, we booked 2 deluxe room and was g...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gurung05

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff. Location. Clean.

Besides the good location smack in center of Thamel surrounded by top notch cafés & restaurant, what sets this hotel apart is the friendliness & hospitable staff particularly a Mr. Rajan. I checked in late on Christmas due to my excursion from airport to Bodhnat prior to going hotel, Rajan was practically on the doorstep greeting me with my name, offered drinks & upgraded my room without me asking. He said it's Christmas. That was a wonderful start to my stay. The hotel was beautifully decorated with nice aroma from scented oils placed strategically. The ethnically decorated room was beautiful, clean & large. Breakfast was sufficient & served with individually pressed coffee, yeah not the typical large container/pots in most hotels! Although it was only a night, it was a most memorable stay I had in my 20 plus years of traveling around the world. Well done! Keep up the good hospitality. And thank you.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Daniel W
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we all are happy to know that you had a wonderful time at ambassador garden home, hope to have chance to serve you in near future too.

thank you once again for choosing your stay with us

warm regards,