“A home away from home”

Ranked #25 of 193 Hotels in Kathmandu
Canberra, Australia
“A home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I spent 6 nights at the hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is located in a very convenient spot in Thamel.
The breakfast was good and we had it daily as the room we booked was for B/B. It would be better if there was one more option for breakfast as we stayed for 6 days. Krishna was fantastic and ever ready to have a friendly chat! I enjoyed the antiques and curios that were displayed in the lounge area. We were also hosted to a typical Nepalese dinner on the last day by Prakash, which we thought was a very nice gesture.
I would definitely recommend the hotel to friends and colleagues in Canberra/Australia. And we would both go back to ambassador garden home with our family, soon I hope!

Room Tip: We booked a deluxe room and were upgraded to a superior room, I think? If you could afford it the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nishadhi
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review , it is all indeed when your team work hard & get result, i would definitely share your experience with my team, so that we can provide more & more quality & personal service to our valuable guests & make them happy & satisfied.

Thank you once again for choosing your stay with us

we hope to have you in future too

Agh Family
Prakash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our small group was hosted in this hotel. We were generally satisfied with its services. The rooms are good size, the service is prompt. Selection of Indian food was a bit limited, especially for a vegetarian, but it is like this in most hotels in Nepal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anil T
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we all are happy to know that your group had wonderful time when they were at Ambassador Garden home, we are small 18 rooms boutique hotel. so we always try to deliver quality & personal service for our guests.

Thank you once again for choosing your stay with us

Hope to have chance to serve you in future too.

warm Reagrds,

Home owner
dhaka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

we have very good time in ambassador garden home in kathmandu.its actually a home with warm hospitality by Mr. prakash and his team. if i have chances to go to kathmandu, i will try to stay there again.

Room Tip: go for deluxe roon
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank javed y
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your true review, our team members are very much happy to know that you & your family enjoyed at here Ambassador Garden Home.

Hope to have chance to serve you in future too

Prakash & Team
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I went to Kathmandu for 4 days/3 nights. We ended up spending 6 nights here since this hotel was so great. The garden (yes, there is a beautiful garden) is very peaceful and there is a fountain with peaceful water sounds.

The breakfast is incredible. You get your choice of eggs, some meat (ham, sausage, or bacon), potatoes, fresh wheat toast, peanut butter and jelly, coffee, fresh juice and water. You even get 2 free liters of water everyday in your room.

The rooms are immaculate. We started off in the Super Delux, which was incredible. We moved to the Delux for our last 2 nights due to budget reasons. Both rooms were spotless.

The staff were some of the best I've ever encountered. As a seasoned traveler (Nepal was my 40th country), I am a bit picky when I'm with my wife, and stay in different accommodations when I travel alone (again, due to budget reasons). However, the staff here outdid themselves. EVERYONE there was so kind.

The location is off the main street in Thamel, but tucked away in a little side street that is extremely quiet. They take care of your every need, and will answer any questions you have about Nepal. The owner came by on our 4th day and chatted with us for a bit. His grandfather was an Ambassador, and this was his house (hence, Ambassador Garden Home). They kept some really cool things from the original house which are on display.

As for the negative review below, it is definitely from a competitor. Again, as a seasoned traveler, I've been to Finland. EVERYONE in Finland speaks English. The person below says they are from Finland, but their writing is HORRIBLE. People in Finland do NOT write that way. They do not have terrible grammar like that person below.

Sometimes, competitors get on certain websites to discredit their rivals. That is definitely the case here. None of the things they wrote about AGH are true. Again, just check the English. Finnish people are taught English from a very young age. Even if they do speak with a thick accent, their writing is usually near perfect. That is not the case with the person below claiming to be from Finland.

I felt the need to defend AGH because we had such a great time there. The staff made it a very memorable experience. Please visit them and you will know what I mean.

It truly is a home away from home.

Room Tip: Actually, I usually try to get the quietest rooms when I travel with my wife. However, this entire h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travellingboarder
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review , we all are delightful to know that you & your wife enjoyed your stay & with us. Yes, we are very small 18 rooms boutique hotel & so why we always try to deliver quality & personal service to our guests.

For your kind information, now we have upgraded our all the room with LG LED FHD TV.

It will be our great pleasure to serve you again in future.

Thank you once again for your nice review.

Prakash Lamichahne
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay in this hotel- we did a short trip of 3 days/2 nights to explore the Kathmandu area. This place was a good base to start from. Thamel is the touristy area and perfect for shopping for yourself and souvenirs. There are many bars and restaurants in this area- even the very romantic Kaiser restasurant (do recommend). Staff were very nice, hotel was cute and welcoming, room was very nice and comes with fridge. It is very handy to have a convenience store just outside the hotel. Also the hotel is surprisingly quiet, but you realise that here are strict laws on how long businesses and restaurants can stay open in the area. Only negative:the hard mattress of the bed, need some getting used to...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review, we all are happy to know that you had wonderful time at AGH.
About mattress in superior room is a bit less comfortable than deluxe & super deluxe , Now i have already order to change the upper layer for that mattress.

thank you once again for your feed back.

Hope to have chance to serve you in future.

warm regards,

Prakash
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recently spent nearly three weeks at the Ambassador Garden Home and I have to say that I could not have picked a better hotel to spend my days in Kathmandu. It's location was ideal as it was close to many restaurants, shops, supermarkets, bus stations etc. Although located in the heart of Thamel I was more than delighted that I was able to sleep throughout the night, undistrubed. The facilities are more than adequate and even through the blackouts, the hotel was able to provide an excellent service through the use of a back up generator, so we were never left without any electricity or air conditioning!

I have to honestly say that throughout my travels I had never met such friendly and helpful members of staff. Everyone was willing to help us whenever we needed anything. Apart from being helpful, they were great to have general chats with.

The food at the hotel was superb and breakfast was delightful. I will never forget the warm fluffy coconut, chocolate and banana pancakes!! My only regret is not obtaining the recipe so I could wow my friends in the UK. All the food was very tasty and to a very high standard.

We received an excellent service from the hotel's travel agent, as we wanted to book a trip to Pokhara ( a stunning lakeside resort). He arranged the whole trip, from getting on a coach to being picked up at our destination and taken to our hotel etc. All this was done for a very reasonable price too.

All I can say is, that if I was to travel to Nepal again, this is the hotel I would be staying at again, as all the members of staff make it feel like a second home.

Dharmini

Room Tip: The rooms facing the garden are slightly quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Thank you for your nice review , we all are happy to know that you & your friend had wonderful time when you were at AGH .

Hope to have chance to serve you future too.

Agh Family
Busan, Busan, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Ambassador Garden Home offers a calm and relaxing atmosphere in the midst of bustling Thamel. The staff was incredibly helpful and hospitable. The rooms are clean and well appointed. I was on vacation with my family and they couldn't have been more accommodating. They even offered my newly engaged sister and her fiance an upgrade to a larger room. The location is great for food, shopping, and sightseeing and the hotel itself is a great place to enjoy a cup of tea or read a book in their tranquil courtyard. Definitely recommend this little gem!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your nice review , we all are happy to know that you & your team had wonderful time At Ambassador garden home. our best wishes for new couple as well.

we do hope that we will have chance to serve you or your dear / near once in future too.

Thank you once again for your valuable time for TA review.

warm regards,