Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best Trekking Cie

Did the Khumbu Trek to BC Mt Everes tlast year for the second time with Kailash. This is by far... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Sid H
Excellent service and value for money

I booked the Poon hill circuit with Kailash after recommendations from friends. I wasn’t... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed December 13, 2018
torycoates

All reviews gokyo ri great trip great company excellent service wealth mustang nature buddhist tea route accommodation porter culture airport trek nepal
Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Superb staff. Highly recommended to anyone.

Initially had a large group of 30 doing the expedition, which I would imagine to be logistically exceptionally hard - dietary requirements, injuries, mixed paces etc.

The porters and guides were exemplary throughout, going the extra distance for our safety, comfort and enjoyment.

Regardless of the workload, which was clearly vast - each and every member never lost their smile. Inspirational

Date of experience: October 2018
RameshHughes, Manager at Kailash Himalaya Trek, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Thank you Sona for organizing such a marvelous trek. You were amazing and groups were fantastic. We were fortunate to know you all. Pheri Bhetaula.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

I have been fortunate to have travelled to Nepal many times (7). Each time it just gets better. Kailash Himalaya has been the company I always use and both Kitap & Sarbajit have been my guides over the years. This time my friends and I trekked in Mustang which was marvellous and so different to the Annapurna, Langtang and Everest treks. While Kailash Himalay did a tremendous job again I was a tad disappointed by the fact the government is turning most of the main trekking path into a road.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Fred A
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We really had a great experience on the Manaslu Circuit. The trekking is a wonderful combination of the overwhelming nature of the Himalaya and the warm Nepali culture of the villages we passed through along the way. After a couple of days of lowland heat and sweat, we gradually got into higher terrain, with the views of Mount Manaslu getting better and better. At the same time, the culture mix of Hindu and Buddhist backgrounds also changed, to the Tibetan Buddhist influenced villages at higher altitudes, with prayer flags everywhere. After a rest day at 3500m altitude to acclimatize, we went on for the last days of climbing, until we finally reached the Larke pass at 5100m. From then it was a steep and quick going down for three more days, and soon we reached the busier track of the Annapurna valley, back to the other world with cars, noise and hot showers. Accommodation on the trekking was basic but good, with clean rooms everywhere and one day of camping just before the pass. The offered food was surprisingly varied and always freshly prepared by the guest house owners who all showed great hospitality. Our guide Pancha did a great job. He was very interested in his clients and always willing to explain about Nepali culture and nature. He knew everything of the route and everyone we met seemed to know him. Pancha also acted very responsible, taking care of our health and preventing altitude problems wherever possible. His brother Gopal was our porter, doing an amazing job with our big duffle bag and always taking care of on time reservations for the next night whenever needed. He never seemed to get tired. Kailash Himalaya; thank you so much for organizing this great trip in such a good way. We hope to get back to Nepal soon!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Pim H
Reviewed May 23, 2018

We went on two separate treks with Kailash Himalaya Trek and would strongly recommend them to anyone wanting to trek around Nepal. They have great expertise, communicate promptly, and have wonderful guides. We were lucky enough to have Gopal take us to Chisapani as well as Poon Hill, and he was a fantastic host. We also found this company to be excellent valued, priced honestly, and we will without doubt be contacting Ramesh the next time that we are in Nepal, to arrange treks with him again.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank adld2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018

I am a guide myself in my homeland (Iceland) so I know a good guide when I experience one! Sarbajit Tamang is a caring, knowledgeable guide. Don´t be afraid asking him about the flora and the fauna, about Buddhism or tales. Having been raced up in a small agricultural village, been a porter, a cook and now a guide, he has a wealth of experience.
My contact with the office was through Ramesh Huges, who always gave quick, direct answers and was there at the airport to get me. His preparations where perfect.
Thank you for this and so much more. Anna Laura