“Ruby Valley Trek, Red Pandas , Cedar forests”

Nepal Wilderness Trekking
kakani hiking
Ranked #147 of 1,005 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide you perfect vacations for Nepal Trip with your family, friends or solo visitors, an adventurous keenness trip to Nepal, we offer day tours to long length fascinating Himalayas Trekking and climbing Trip to Nepalese Himalaya with locally professional Guide and Porters.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 7, 2018

I have been trekking in the Himalayas many times and this was the best trip I have had in years. Mingmar (guide) and Lakbar (porter) were exceptional. Mingmar knew people in every village and town along the way, He seems to be some sort of celebrity, we walked approx 300kms and people came to shake his hand wherever we went.
The first two weeks were in an area with almost no tourists. A very welcome relief after the overused treks with thousands of trekkers. We went over a pass which took us to an almost unpopulated area where I had the massive good fortune to see a couple of red pandas.There were cedar forests that blew my mind. I thought they had mostly been all cut down, but here to my surprise were pristine cedar forests on a huge scale.After that we went up Lang Tang valley on a well beaten trail where tourists were there aplenty. It is shocking to see the massive scale of the devastation which the earthquake caused. The mountain people have coped with earthquake damage in a very admirable way. They are calm, kind, hospitable. Some of the nicest people you are ever going to meet on earth ! I can totally recommend Himal , Mingmar, and Lakbar. I hope to go with them to the mountains again one day!
David Fishleigh Perth Western Australia

"trekking"
in 22 reviews
"tims"

Reviewed April 27, 2018

Firt of all I would like to say that this trip was a long dream coming true, lots of expectations and very little information on time tables and so on. So actualy I could do no planning at all before I met my guide Himal and Manosh. Usually I plan the trip way ahead cause I am always wanting to make the most of my leaves from work.
I had read lots of things about the Annapurna circuit and tought I just needed to follow my lonely planet guide, big mistake. Along the trek there were lots and lots of times when our guide stoped earlier on later than lonely planet suggested and later we understood that if we had followed the lonely planet it would have been catastrofic. So here is
where I really made up my mind on how important it is to have a guide on this trek. Well, lets go back to the trek. It can be divided in two parts, before and after
the thorung la pass. First part is more wild and empty with loads of nice side treks, here is were you should spend most of your time on the circuit, but focus on the higher mountain areas. Take time to explore the surroundings of manang and pisang as well as the trek just before you reach pisang.
It is well worth to take a jeep to the waterfall stop on the firs day because there is not so much to be seen before that. Tal is a beatiful scenary and you should plan to arrive with day light to explore it well.
The busses from Kathmandu to the beginning of the trek should not pass thru Pokhara, leave Pokhara for the end of the trek.
The trip from Muktinath to Jomson has beautiful places too but we didn't have time for them.
Marpha is well worth a overnighting.
Poon hill is a must do.
In an overall conclusion the trip was awesome, Himal is the best organizer I ever met so you can really count on him for everything. He monitored our progress and cared for everything we needed.

Date of experience: November 2017
Himal g, Owner at Nepal Wilderness Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear Sir Guto Namaste!
I thank you so much for your nice Reviews for Nepal wilderness trekking and for about us,
see you soon again in the future trip in our magic Himalayan Land.
Himal Ghale

Reviewed November 20, 2017

We planned our trip though this agency. They provided us a very reliable guide. His name is Lal. The guide organized everything for us, from transportation to accommodation, he gave us all the information that we needed. He suggested the most suitable schedule for us and also shared some of his story with us. He was very positive and caring during the whole trip. It was a pleasure having him and his friend as our guide and porter.

3  Thank IllusoryI

Dear Illusory Namaste!
I thank you so much for giving time to write Reviews for our Gulde Lal Gurung and out Nepal wilderness trekking,
see you soon again in the future trip in our magic Himalayan Land Nepal.
Himal Ghale

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Getting a porter guide through Nepal Wilderness trekking is secure and straightforward. Our porter guide Lal was very helpful and reliable. Many people said guide is not necessary as the trail is easy to navigate, but what i think is a good guide gives you a great deal of certainty, you don't hv to stress over which road to choose, how far to next stop, and where to stay. Lal gave us an pleasant trekking experience.

6  Thank KevinD6044
See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2017

I used Himal to organise a porter and book my flights to Lukla. When I arrived in Kathmandu I went to his office, paid for the flight, received the tickets and told me a porter would be waiting for me when I arrived at Lukla airport - which he was (even though I arrived 6hrs late). I requested a porter that could speak some English which is what I got (around $US15 a day and he carried the 20kg for me and my friend). He was fine - he walked on ahead and had organised accommodation by the time we arrived in each village.
But if you need a guide or anything else in any region in Nepal, Himal can sort it out. I found him professional and efficient. Surprisingly so - it was a leap of faith to use his service as I found him on the internet as I just needed a porter and the flights not a whole tour and wanted to do it really cheap, on our own so we could go at our own pace. Himal organised this for us.
My advice to anyone doing Everest Base Camp trek, get a porter, drink 5 litres of water a day, and add in an extra day on the trek. I added in 3 extra days, went slower and we didn't even have a headache.
I definitely recommend using Himal. He made my trek stress free and organised everything for when I arrived in Nepal.

Date of experience: April 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Natalie E