“Absolutely wonderful!!!!friendly staffs and very cheap.”

Khangsar Guest House
Ranked #11 of 453 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Hi everyone,Just wanted to share my wonderful.I went to Nepal with my friends last year in December and we stayed at this hotel. It is good location, from hotel is about 10 minutes to Durbar Square.It is located in the center of Thamel there were plenty of nice restaurants and shopping area.The service staffs were really helpful and friendly. The room and bed was good also provided free WIFI at lobby .i will back to this hotel again on my next trip at Nepal.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank PAWINEE
There are newer reviews for Khangsar Guest House

Reviewed March 13, 2011

I am alone travelling in Nepal. The boss gave me a lot help, staff are nice and hospitality. Meals in resturant is good taste. The rate is quite acceptable.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
9  Thank hippoll
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Had free transportation from airport. Good location in middle of Thamel. Set us up with well-priced tour package. Bedrooms and beds relatively clean, but bathroom very narrow and poorly maintained. Altogether, Good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank leishmaniac
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We slept at the Khangstar guest house this year.
The guesthouse is in Thamel, so it is a good emplacement.
However it this only positive thing! The rooms are VERY disapointing and dirty: no real bed linen, only a small part on the top to make the customer think there are some. Then some very dirty lavatory, a lot of cockroaches in the room, and it was very very noisy. We choose this guesthouse for the price, but we end our trip in the RED PLANET guesthouse, also in Thamel, cheaper and very clean!!!
Moreover, in the Khangstar, we use their travel desk (adventure holidays) to go trekking, and they first lie to use to make us register a longer trip, not necessary none achievable, with a bad guide not knowing the area.
Please, go to nicer guesthouses, and do not book a trek with them!!
Olivia

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2010

They have picked me up in the airport.and helped me to arranged the travel.
Really gived me a lot useful suggetions.
i will be back here, if i come again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
10  Thank Jackey-China
Reviewed December 7, 2010

i went to nepal with my friends this summer to do volunteer work ,
And thanks to the host that make our trip much easier,
he is really nice to take care all the traffic and accomodation for us,
we can fouse on planning the volunteer work.
the hotel is cozy and clean, and it's easy to find.
we like the hotel that is really relaxing.
we will definitly go back to Khangsar Guest House!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
10  Thank liztwo
Reviewed November 24, 2010

I went to Nepal in November with some friends. We spent 3-4 days at Kangsar guesthouse where we felt pretty much at home. The services were excellent around the clock and the people there particularly Mr.Raj (the manager) was amazingly nice, warm, and very service-minded. Moreoever, I found the location very convenient to go out for shopping and dining. I also decided to have him arrange for my groups a travel to Poonhill where it turned out to be a memorable trip assisted by a professional mountain guide and its management. Kangsar guesthouse would certainly be my home for a next excursion to Kathmandu.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends