“Can't get better for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shree Tibet Family Guest House

Shree Tibet Family Guest House
Ranked #41 of 194 Hotels in Kathmandu
Melbourne
“Can't get better for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

If you're aiming to keep costs down or you're travelling on by budget, this is an excellent choice. Helpful staff, working wifi, central to Thamel. Simple but functional rooms. Don't stay if you expect Western standards, same as most places.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Josh F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Swieqi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this guest house for 2 nights and although it has all the characteristics of a good budget accommodation, I cant help but rate it poorly due to the fact that there was no water in my room on 2 occassions. One frequently experiences power cuts in nepal and that I can understand but somehow this guesthouse also has a problem of running water. On the morning I had to leave for the airport (4am) I found no running water in my taps and had to shower with the little bottled water I had left. If I dont take my morning shower I will be in a bad mood for the rest of the day so this really ticked me off!! I couldnt even flush the toilet before I left!!! I wouldn't stay at this place again if I had to and im sorry that my last experience of nepal had to be a negative one!! I hope they solve the problem before they get a bad name

• Stayed June 2014
Koszalin, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel three times, five nights in total. It's very clean and I felt super comfortable! Staff is nice and helpful. Great location in the hearth of Thamel. Pleasant, cosy place, will probably come back.

Room Tip: 404 was the best for us!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kasia R
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Excellent value right in the heart of Thamal. I arrived at the hotel fresh off the plane and was pleased with the air of calm the place had given its location in the heart of bustling Thamal.
The rooms are basic but clean. The check-in staff were very friendly and helpful. Showers run on solar roof-top heating (just good to be aware if you are expecting an early morning hot shower). There is a small travel agency in the front of the hotel (same ownership). I organized my trek to Kala Patthar with the help of the owner Mukti the night I arrived and left the next morning. I anticipated that the process of organizing a trek (10 days to Kala Phattar) would have taken me days but Mukti and his team truely impressed and took care the details, permits and all, for what seemed like very fair and honest pricing given the comparables. I can very highly recommend my guide as well, Deepak. He's very friendly, safety conscious, knowledgeable, has a great intuitive sense of when to engage in conversation and when to just listen to the birds, very well connected within the guiding scene, gracious, and his English is excellent (the best of any guide that I met en-route). All in all a great stay and a fantastic trip!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark G
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Great value, excellent location within walking distance of all that Thamel has to offer and friendly service. A tad hard to find initially but a rickshaw driver managed to help us out. Coming back to stay for another 4 days next week

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank spaceangelz
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here a couple of times in between my hikes in Nepal. Rooms are very clean, good water pressure and hot shower. Their wifi connection is pretty fast too. They have luggage storage and I stored my bags there for free. Staff is very efficient, they helped me booked a bus to Janakpur, which is not a place tourists go to, the staff went out of his way to book me a nice bus with wifi, flatscreen and cctv! So happy in general with my entire stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Desiree M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is definitely a great place to stay in Kathmandu. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, not to forget the price are reasonable. The bathroom has good hot shower. The location of this hotel is very strategic, is convenient for shopping and finding good restaurants. The staff is also very helpful and friendly. They are very helpful. Overall, it is definitely a pleasant place to stay.....

And this is the place they helped us to organise trekking and best place to buy equipment ...

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends