“Nice, but.”

Ranked #40 of 193 Hotels in Kathmandu
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice, but.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

The bed is very comfortable, you can get wifi in your room, and there's running hot water. Though the toilet bowl was lacking a lid to cover top part (you can see water filling up in the tank once you flushed).

However, not sure if its just Nepal in general, the corridors were a bit dark, dingy and creepy for me as a solo traveller. The dining area is not where you'd like to sit for more than 15 minutes. I was glad I stayed there for only 1 night. Something that left me slightly uncomfortable - I'd asked for the hotel to arrange for me a taxi to get to the airport. The service staff had told me it would cost 500Rp. However, later he came to ask me if 600Rp was okay instead. I felt he was pushing his luck so he could pocket more money. I told him that I didn't have any more money left, so he reluctantly settled for 500Rp.

Having said that, this place is really value for the money you pay for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Surendra L, Owner at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest!
Greetings & warm remembering from Shree Tibet Family Guest House!!!
Thanking you so much for your time to write some thiings about our guest house and it is good for people who are looking to stay at our guest house.I am so much happy to know that you like our guest house, comfortabel beds and WIFI in the room, but i am so sorry for liking toilet and i already fixed it.Regarding the taxi to airport, i investigation about it and i am so sorry for this, Next time you will not happening like this.
Thank you so much and always have a great times.
Kind regards
Surendra Lamichhane @ Shree TIbet Family Guest House!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Kanazawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very simple and clean guest house.centrr of thamel and just walk 20 mints from Kathmandu durbarsqyar.prople who working at this guest house very polite and honest. I put my valuable documents in hotel safe which is so comfortable. I am hardly recommend this guest house....
Thanks Surendra manager you are so kind and good trip maker......

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Rena327
Dear Reena!!!
Thank you so much for your valuable feed back about our guest house. We are glad to know that your stay at our guest house was enjoyable and you like it everythings.I am looking for your next visit at our guest house. Always have a good time
Kind Regards
Surendra lamichhne
Manager@ Shree Tibet Family Guest House
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is a great budget option in a nice little corner of Thamel...I found the rooms cozy, comfortable and home-like....there is hot running water in the showers and wifi in the rooms...I found the staff helpful, friendly and trustworthy...I do recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Poopdogg
Surendra L, General Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest!
Greetings from Shree Tibet family Guest House!!!
Thank you so much for your nice review on tripadvisor.com . We all hotel staff are very happy which you like our service, staff. location etc... We are lokking for welcomming you again in the future.
Surendra lamichhane manager at Shree TibeFamily Guest House
Hanoi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

It is my second time staying in this hotel and I just love it. The hotel is located right in the heart of Thamel tourist district. There are many good restaurants nearby and the best exchange rate counter is just around the corner. The room is clean and nice. Worth every cent paid. The hotel staff are gorgeous, very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend for my friends whoever wants to go to Kathmandu

Room Tip: Choose the room in the back as it is quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Alex D
Surendra L, Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest!
Greetings & Warm remembering from Shree Tibet Family Guest House.
Thank you so much for your second visit at our guest house.Nice to know that you like our guest house, location, staff, wifi etc... Your review will be more helpfull for people who are making a plan to stay at our guest house in the future. We again in the future ready for welcomming you.Have a great time always. All the best
Surendra lamichhane
Manager
Shree Tibet fami8ly guest House
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed this guest house almost one weeks.I like every things in this guest house.it is located center of thamel and you can use lobby computer for chicking an email. High speed free intrenet if you have your own loptop. Most important things of this hotel is staff who are alwauys ready to solve your problems. Small travel agency offer you whatever you want like sightseeing and trekking. I booked small trekking from here and my guide pasang sherpa was really help full and ready for solve all kinds of problems. I booked room here by booking.com and I just payed fifteen dollors for singl use. Under full stay if you are staying in this guest house.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank meelena
Surendra L, Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Meelena!
Greetings from Shree Tibet Family Guest House!!
Thanking you so much for your positive review on tripadvisor .com about our guest house. Nice to know that you like our guest house and you are fully satisfied from our service.I hope you you will not forget to stay at our guest house in the future.

Have a great time always!
Surendra Lamichhane
Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My second home. I like here everything. Staff, room, location and management. I will be back here again in the future and plz. Keep me my room 201.

Don't forget to buy a flight ticket, it's really cheap just 89$

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Junthek
Surendra L, Guest Relations Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Junthek!
Greetings from Shree Tibet Family Guest House!!!
Thank you so much for your great stay at our guest house. We are happy to know that you like our guest house. I hope i can welcoming you again in the future at my guest house.
Good Luck to you all the time

Surendra Lamichhane Manager @ Shree Tibet family Guest House!!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We Really enjoyed the shree tibet family home. customer service was excellent.
the rooms in this hotel are good, neat and tidy. they has great amenities. It is in the heart of tourist city Thamel. Everything was close to the hotel. Staffs were friendly and very helpful.
definitely it is a good place to stay Ktm . we enjoyed our stay there.hope others too enjoy it. I love staying here'. Would we stay again, definitely!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Linasmith
Surendra L, General Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam!
Thanking you so much for your nice review about our guest house on tripadvisor.com. It will be more help full for people who are making a plan to visit our guest house. We are so much happy to know that you like everything here in our guest house. I hope your next stay will be more enjoyable. I am looking for to meet you soon.
Surendra Lamichhane