“My real home!!!”

Ranked #39 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
“My real home!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My second home. I like here everything. Staff, room, location and management. I will be back here again in the future and plz. Keep me my room 201.

Don't forget to buy a flight ticket, it's really cheap just 89$

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Junthek
Surendra L, Guest Relations Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Junthek!
Greetings from Shree Tibet Family Guest House!!!
Thank you so much for your great stay at our guest house. We are happy to know that you like our guest house. I hope i can welcoming you again in the future at my guest house.
Good Luck to you all the time

Surendra Lamichhane Manager @ Shree Tibet family Guest House!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We Really enjoyed the shree tibet family home. customer service was excellent.
the rooms in this hotel are good, neat and tidy. they has great amenities. It is in the heart of tourist city Thamel. Everything was close to the hotel. Staffs were friendly and very helpful.
definitely it is a good place to stay Ktm . we enjoyed our stay there.hope others too enjoy it. I love staying here'. Would we stay again, definitely!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Linasmith
Surendra L, General Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam!
Thanking you so much for your nice review about our guest house on tripadvisor.com. It will be more help full for people who are making a plan to visit our guest house. We are so much happy to know that you like everything here in our guest house. I hope your next stay will be more enjoyable. I am looking for to meet you soon.
Surendra Lamichhane
Manager
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at Shree Tibet in Kathmandu as I have before. The price was 700 rps per night and I was given free coffee each morning. My bed was very large and the room was clean. My television worked very well. There is a computer downstairs for the guest to use 24 hrs. The staff were very friendly and ready to help with bookings and tourist information. One can find anything that he/she needs in the street outside and Shree Tibet is in the center of Thamel. For the money" Shree Tibet Is Your Best Bet" I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank volmedics
Surendra L, Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Guest!
Greetings from Shree Tibet Family Guest House. Thank you so much for your good feed back about our guest house on tripadvise. I hope this message will be more help full people who wanna trying to stay at our guest house. We are so much happy to read your nice review. We hope you will not forget to stay at our guest hose in thye futre. Have a great day always!!!
Surendra Lamichhane
Manager
Carouge, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We, a family of four, stayed at Shree Tibet, during six nights at the end of July 2013. We had two rooms with windows on the courtyard side: there was no view, but the rooms were quiet (if you book there, be sure to ask for courtyard rooms!). The bathroom was clean and we had hot water most of the time. The rooms were simple but clean, the beds were comfortable, the temperature was ok (there was no A/C but a good fan). The sheets or towels weren't changed during our stay, but that did not disturb us and anyway I'm sure that, had we asked for a change, the staff would have obliged. We had wi-fi (in the lobby, and most of the time also in our room) and access to a PC in the lobby. The TV had many channels but we did not watch it as the hotel is located smack in the middle of Thamel, between Chaksibari Warg and Thamel Warg, and the place is great fun: many shops, many restaurants with delicious and cheap food, second-hand bookshops, what not. One could spend two weeks within those two streets without getting bored. Finally, the (very smiling) staff was very helpful in providing us transportation to various places and giving advice about trips. We paid $14 (+taxes) per room per night, a very low price considering the rooms. Next time I go to Kathmandu, I'll probably go there.

Room Tip: The streets of Thamel are notoriously noisy. Ask for a courtyard-side room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Roland_Maurer
Dear Roland & Family!
Greetings & Warm remembering from Shree Tibet Family Guest House. Thank you so much for your nice review on tripadvisor about our guest house. We all hotel staff are very much happy to read your good review and you like our guest house. Hope to see you in the future at our guest house. Thank you so much again and always have a nice time.
Surendra Lamichhane Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I could not of been more satisfied with our stay at Shree Tibet for £5 a night. The staff were a dream, friendly helpful and around 24/7. There were computers to use for free, a restaurant, book shelves and a travel office so many useful amenities. The rooms were clean and had running hot water (not something very common we found on our travels) and in a prime location. Garden of Dreams were just around the corner, I recommend a visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chelseadaggers
Surendra L, Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest!
Warm greetings and namaste from Shree Tibet family Guest House.Thank you so much for your nice review about our guest house on TripAdvisor. It is nice to know that your stay at our guest house was enjoyable and you like it very much. Thank you so much for your an experience to shearing other people. I hope review will be more helpful for other people who are making a plan to stay at our guest house in the future.
Thank you so much once again for your great review and i hope you will make you next trip at our guest house very soon.
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It will be a evidience to all the travellers to share my experience with Shree Tibet Family Guest House why to choose to book. I directly book my rooms in this Hotel after my arrival in Kathmandu. The Hotel location is in the centre of Thamel street which is a touristic place. I was highly impressed with the friendly working staff teams and professional services. This is a budget cheaper hotel but rooms are comfortable, neat and clean with perfect shower and Toilets. No doubt this hotel will match to all catezory of travellers to satisfied their needs living as a home far from the home.

Room Tip: Rooms were big with plenty of space.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arnon_13
Namaste & Greetings from Shree Tibet Family Guest House!
Dear Guest! It is so nice to know that your stay at our guest house was so enjoyable and you like our guest house and location. We all hotel staff are very much happy to read your nice review about our guest house on tripadvisor. We hope we can see you soon at our guest house.

Thank you so much and have a Great time always!!!
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked in here after most places being full or expensive and were happy to get a fair price for the room I think it was around $15-20? It looked nice and clean and we were about 2 stories up facing the street. We returned after dinner to find the place opposite us pumping out dance music and the noise flooding our room. It would have been nice had the staff mentioned this when we booked in. It would have been impossible to sleep as the noise was just as loud in our room as it was outside, so we had to leave. We didn't get any money back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica C
Surendra L, Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Jecissa C!
Greetings & warm remembering from Shree Tibet family Guest House!!!
Thanking you so much for your review on tripadvisor.com and i hope it is helpfull for people who gonna be staying at our guest house. I am so sorry to know that you couldn't sleep very well at our guest house and cheeck out even same evening because of loud from outside disco. Regarding the payment back you didn't ask anything and also not any complaying about your problems to our guesthouse reception. Now i am making sound proof in the door and you will not get any noice from outside. If you have a any plan to come to nepal plz. visit our guest house and i will give you very good room where there is no noice.
Anyway thanx for your feed back about your expreance at our guest house and it is really helpfull for us to improve our service in the future.
Kind Regards
Surendra lamichhane
Manager @ Shree Tibet Family Guest House!!!