“A good hotel for budget travellers”

Shree Tibet Family Guest House
Ranked #44 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My brother and me stayed here for 5 nights. Liked this hotel because of the behaviour of the staff especially Mr. Surendra (the hotel manager), the room and toilets being satisfactorily clean and especially for its location i.e right in the heart of Thamel (tourist haven in Kathmandu) and most importantly the price.

Though the view wasn't that great in the room we stayed, it really wasn't idea of booking in this budget hotel. After all, we never really intended to stay in the room except for sleeping and securing all our stuff. :)

So if you are looking for a budget hotel that will deliver decent lodging, hot water, cable tv, wi-fi etc. Shree Tibet is the place. Should you require further assistance you can reach Mr. Surendra, the hotel manager on email shreetibet@gmail.com

Hope you find this review helpful.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in the back if you need some peace of mind. If you enjoy the noise and wild honkin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank damodee
Surendra L, Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Our Valuable Guest!
Thank you so much for your nice review on tripadvisor.com, It will be really help full your review, people who are looking for Shree Tibet Family Guest House.You are right, people who stay in the lower flower they can not see the view dew to the next building, Our guest house is a budget, we don't have that much facilities like 5 star hotel,Anyway, thank you so much for your great review and hope will see you soon our guest hosue.

Have a wonder full time always, Shree Tibet Family guest House!!!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is located in heart of the Thamel. I stayed in Kathmandu one night for shopping only before leaving Nepal. This budget hotel is a good choice because you can easily reach many many shopping stores on the street from here. The staff there are very friendly as well as helpful. I lost my cell phone charger in my last day and ran out of all the battery of my phone. They took me to one place offering one hour charging service. Also when afternoon rain comes, they offer me free tea there (which I already checked out). I was happy with those staff there. Location is a plus too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JudyChiu
Surendra L, Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Judy!
Greetings and warm regarding from Shree Tibet Family Guest House family. We all hotel staff are very glad to read your great review. Thank you so much you like our guest house so much, It's our duty to provide hospatilyties to our clints.We hope, we will see you again here in our guest house.
Thanking you so much for your greta review again.
Surendra Lamichhane, hotel manager.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Quiet location in the heart of Thamel, friendly staff, clean bedding but the room was a bit dark with a worn carpet. The bathroom would need some refreshment (despite the fact that we had hot water almost anytime). A bit expensive for what it is, we have paid around 15 USD with tax but no breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir!
Thank you so much for your review at Shree Tibet family Guest House! I hope your review will be help full for other people who are making a trip to stay at our guest house. I would like to inform you that, now we totally changed all the carpet in the room and renovation bath room as well. We make parakeet in the room and coloring too. Plz. make a next holydays at our guest hosue again and i am sure that, i will make you good service what i have.

Thank you so much and always have a wonder full time.

Surendra Lamichhane hotel manager.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, 2 nights before we depart to Pokhara and 1 night after we came back from Pokhara. I like this hotel because of the location, situated in the heart of Thamel, the famous tourist shopping area, everything within our reach. I stayed in a room at 4th floor, the room especially the carpet and bathroom not so clean, outside view only the roof top of other buildings. When i stayed in a room at 2nd floor, no outside view because too close with other buildings. But we are happy stay at this hotel because Mr Surendra the hotel manager and also his staffs are very friendly, very helpful, always smile.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank soriah298570
Surendra L, Owner at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guest!
Thank you so much for your review about our guest house. It was my pleasure to give you good service when you was in my guest house, but i am so sorry to know that room and bath room was not much clean, I would like to inform you that now i totally changed al carpet and bath room, I just coloring in the room and making a all parqueting in the room. If you have a any chance to come to Nepal in the future plz. don't forget to come to my guest house.
Thanks again and have a good time always.
Surendra Lamichhane and shree Tibet family Guest House Family!!!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very family atmosphere. Surendra menager guest house is very helpful and very nice, remaining staff also. Warm water, very clean rooms, clean bedding. I recommend warmly, there I will be coming back a lot times.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ewelinaewelina
Surendra L, Manager at Shree Tibet Family Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest!
Warm Greetings from Shree Tibet family Guest House!
Thank you so much for your good feed back obout our guest house.
Thanks alot you like our guest house and hepe to see you soon
Have a great days always
Surendra and team of Shree Tibet family Guest House

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for over a week in total during our time in Nepal. The location is great, in Thamel, but on a bit of a side road - which meant it did not suffer the din of places on the main streets (of course it is still good to get a room higher and towards the back for more quiet).
The staff were friendly and were willing to find a taxi when you needed one.
The rooms were nothing spectacular, but they were decently clean, and there was pretty reliable hot water and wifi which was nice.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Mattdy

Namaste Dear Guest!
We are so much happy to know that your stay at our guest house was exclent and you like our service and everything. Now i changed so many things inside the room and it is more nicer than before, so plz. make a plan to stay at our guest house again in the future.
Many thnkas and have a great times always
Surendra lamichhane
Manager
Shree Tibet family Guest House

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here one night and that was enough for me, I can't say the staff was very friendly and the room wasn't that good. It was noisy the whole night with people hanging around, making fire and screaming just under my window.
There are better and little cheaper guesthouses in Thamel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo