Highland Expeditions
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Highland Expeditions Above All!

Reviewed October 1, 2018
Marie G
Above and Beyond my Expectations!

Reviewed September 19, 2018
Meredith D
via mobile

All reviews assistant guide samir briefing altitude email accommodation tea mountains airport trek culture nepal
Reviewed October 1, 2018

I am a frequent traveller and have been to Nepal on three different occasions. Each time with different operator (Foreign and Local Company) but recently i travelled with Highland Expeditions after knowing them from my colleague and they are above all the companies i have travelled with before.

After doing short and lower elevation treks previously during my trip to Nepal, this time i decided to do Everest Base Camp Trek combined with helicopter flight back to Kathmandu and i had a trip of a lifetime with them. From communication prior to arriving until the departure, everything worked perfectly. Passang welcomed me at the airport and after reaching KGH, he gave us trip briefing and covered all the important aspects of trek which was really helpful. Their guides were amazing and we couldn't have made it without them. Hotel in Kathmandu, Tea Houses/Lodges,
Guides and logistical arrangements were all top notch.

After three consecutive trips to Nepal, I finally found a company that i can rely on.

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about traveling with Highland Expeditions! From communication and information before the trip, to getting me out of Lukla during bad weather after the trek, I felt really lucky to be with Highland Expeditions.

I made it to EBC with no altitude sickness, had an amazing local guide who helped me go at a slow pace and knew all about the region. I felt safe (as a solo young female traveler) the entire time, and reaching EBC was one of the highs of my life!

Passang organized a custom solo trip for me. He answered all of my questions before and during, did all of my airport transfers and set up a really great tour around Kathmandu with a private guide for one of my extra days.

More than anything though, I knew I went with the right tour company when all flights were cancelled to and from Lukla due to the weather after the trek. After only two days of being stuck, Passang got me the last spot on the last helicopter leaving for that day (only 2 helicopters had gone in days). Everyone else at my lodge was still stuck, some people for almost 8 days. To get a helicopter you HAVE to have someone with connections in Kathmandu and Passang made sure I got out and made my international flight.

This trip was the trip of a lifetime for me! Every day was filled with the most amazing views I've ever seen and I will remember it for the rest of my life! I think everyone should do this trip and use Highland Expeditions!

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Our Annapurna Trek with Highland Expeditions was a wonderful experience and all this was made possible by Passang and his team at Highland Expeditions. Everything was well organized and our trekking crew were expert in their works with knowledge of the region we were going to tread.
Weather was not at its best but it was our decision to trek during this time of year. We would highly recommend Passang and Highland Expeditions for anyone looking for an outfitter in Himalayas.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

12-28 May 2018, we took the challenge of trekking to the base camp of world's highest mountain and we had a trip of a lifetime.

After having searched online and going through recommendations, we decided to go with Highland Expeditions for our Everest Base Camp Trek and we had a trip of a lifetime. From initial inquiries to the trek completion, we were totally impressed with how professionally they operate their trips. Passang was fantastic in replying all our emails and he promptly replied to our endless questions. He always encouraged us to ask if we had any questions regarding the trip. On trip, everything was first class from the staff to the logistical arrangements. Our guides were very knowledgeable and helpful. We were even more impressed knowing how happy the staff were working with Highland Expeditions.

Can't fault anything and we are already planning our next trip with Passang and his team.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Went on the Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek on April, 2018 with a small team and what an incredible experience it was from start to finish. Absolutely loved the trek and the group of people and guides i ended up with, so much fun!

Our guides were professional, organised and really knowledgeable. Despite being a small team of 6 people only we were assigned 1 guide, 2 assistant guides and 3 porters. Safety was always a priority and supplementary oxygen system, Satellite phone, oximeter and medical kit were provided for emergency purpose which very few companies only carried on trek.
We had a great experience and we will definitely use Highland Expeditions again.

Reviewed June 6, 2018

Just returned from Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal with Highland Expeditions. I had the time of my life, challenged myself in several areas to complete the trek but wouldn't have been able to do it without Highland Expeditions Team.

Sr. Kanchaa, Jr. Kanchaa, Dil and Harka were a fabulous team to trek with and ensured our trek was one to enjoy and remember. All of them looked after us so well and were very professional in their work. I actually can not fault in any way, can't think of anything i would have to change or improve.

I am sure I left a bit of my heart and soul in the Himalayas and i hope to return to Nepal in 2019 for bigger adventure. Of course with Highland Expeditions!!

Reviewed May 29, 2018

I had a wonderful time with Highland Expeditions during my climbing holiday in Nepal. We were 3 of us looking for a peak climbing in Nepal and Highland Expeditions came highly recommended by a friend who did a trek with them previously. After contacting them, Passang (COO of company) replied all our emails promptly and provided in depth information about the climb, which really helped us in preparing for the climb. On trip, everything was well organized, we had the privilege of having Ang Sona Sherpa (Expedition Director & 10 times Everest Summiteer) as our senior guide. All 3 of us managed to climbed Island peak at our first attempt and this was all possible because of their properly planned itinerary, expert guidance, top notch service, amazing sherpa.
All 3 of us would highland recommend Highland Expeditions for anyone looking for a trekking and climbing operator in Nepal.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

Highland Expeditions came highly recommended by a Cousin who did the Anapurana base camp trek with them recently. We contacted Pasang by email and he responded very promptly with trek suggestions. We (my Wife, my niece and myself) decided to do the lukhla to Gokyo lake trek and not the more popular Everest Base Camp trek mainly because we had limited time and also because the Gokyo lake trek would have less people and we would have the mountains more to ourselves. Pasang was brilliant - responding to the millions of questions my Wife had, patiently.
We were met at Kathmandu airport by Pasang. He proved to be a charming young man, extremely polite and well spoken. Later that day we met his father Kunga Tsering Sherpa (3x Everest summiteer) who gave a detailed briefing of the trek to come.
Early the next morning we were back at the airport to catch our flight to Lukhla. It was now that we learned first hand about how the unpredictable weather systems in the mountains could play havoc with carefully laid trekking plans. All flights to Lukhla were on hold because of poor visibility there. With our trek schedule in jeopardy, Pasang sprang into action and managed to get us on a helicopter flight to Lukhla ! Together with Mr Khunga we played “avoid the rain clouds in the air “ before landing at Lukhla an hour later.
At Lukhla we met our assistant guide Kancha who was extremely pleasant with a ready smile.
Mr Khunga kept a quiet eye on all of us during the trek - from how much we ate (or didn’t eat), how much we drank and for signs and symptoms of altitude sickness. A daily pulse oximeter reading became a routine. We deeply appreciated the professionalism and dedication of the Highland Expedition team to ensuring that we had the full Himalayan mountain experience whilst staying safe. It was certainly not an easy 7 day trek - coping with the cold (no heating in tea lodge rooms), and the altitude was always a bit of a challenge - but it was reassuring to have a guide with Mr Khunga’s experience at our side.
The return through Kathmandu was made extremely pleasant by Pasang who went out of his way to ensure our well being. As it was my wife’s birthday, Pasang arranged transport for us to go to Dwarikas for dinner as well as make arrangements for a Nepalese birthday blessing at the restaurant ! Very nice touch.
In summary we had an amazing adventure in the mountains with guides and porters who took care of us like we were their own family.
We highly recommend Highland Expeditions.

1  Thank DocThana
Reviewed April 1, 2018

We started email with Passang Sherpa. He was very patient and thorough helping us decide our best options for a trek. Upon arriving he met us at the airport and someone associated with Highland Expeditions never left our sides. Everything was first class. The accommodation we a little rustic for w western, the service was all on point. They adjusted our speed based on our abilities and always asked if we need assistance. All the way until the end, the even dropped us off at the KTM Airport upon leaving and sent us a follow up email. Our guide, Kunga , was very warm and friendly - I guess the Nepal way. I would say they treated us like FAMILY - I just wish my family treated me so well. Please feel free to contact me for more info. Trip with memories to fill a lifetime.
PS. Its a regular United Nations on your trek. You will meet people form all over the globe. Incredible interesting conversation in the Tea Houses dinning area!

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

The company had a great service, well prepared guides equipped with all necessary equipment. They provided all the basic info before and along the trek. Must say one of the best company to trek with in Nepal.