Oh dear. What an interesting experience it was staying here before and after our trek in the LangTang Valley. On our first night the three of us shared a tiny room right at the front of the hotel which was incredibly noisy (to be expected to a certain extent in Kathmandu!) but made worse by the building work that strated at 6am the following morning. The bathroom was filthy but the shower was hot and powerful. We then moved to rooms towards the back of the building which were much nicer. However, the service was so odd it was hilarious!
- Good location
- Free internet access (though very slow)
- Small and dirty rooms
- Dead cockroaches on the stairs
- Prison style bathrooms
- Restaurant food awful and also dirty
- No cleaning carried our during our stay (four nights post trek, two nights before)
- Bathroom flood (due to drains) was blamed on us because our hair had blocked the drains even though there was a drain cover and absolutely no hair!
- Strange owner who paced the dining room and even followed us up to the roof, obviously to check we were behaving ourselves
- Unspeakable toilet full of previous owners erm, mess in our room
To be honest, it was so bad it became funny. I would not recommend Norling Guest House, or ever stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly, Hotel in the very heart of Thamel District of Kathmandu. We offer 31 spacious rooms, with private bath and showers that feature 24 hours hot water, making us one of the few hotels in Thamel to offer such a service. Beautiful roof gardens for relaxant. Room service is available. The Hotel Pleasure Home makes the ideal location to work from for all of your sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley. We offer a travel desk to help make arrangements for traveling and trekking into other parts of Nepal. Free wi-fi in all the rooms. Air-Conditioned rooms available. We have in our rooms from single beds to our luxurious king-size beds. All rooms come with view. Uniquely decorated in Tibetan theme, courtesy of Tibetan refugees who initially built our guest house. Enjoy our spa and business center as well as satellite TV in all of the rooms. Clean and comfortable. You'll sleep well here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Pleasure Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.