“Second home”
Review of Acme Guest House

Acme Guest House
Ranked #55 of 477 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Whenever we visit Kathmandu we stay in Acme guest house. This past July/august 2013 was our 3rd visit to Kathmandu. We experienced the same service, just like always. That is outstanding service, helpful people, a green and beautiful garden, clean and spacious rooms, tranquil surrounding and of course great price for its location. In the hub of Thamel, AGH is very ideal, and can achieve many tours and activities on foot. Next time I happen to be in Kathmandu, Acme guest House would definitely be my choice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stpands p
chhabis, Front Office Manager at Acme Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

We would like to heatedly give you the words of appreciation for your kind word about our place. You have been such a wonderful guest of our hotel and every time we have your stay we feel like you are a family more than a friend. I once again would like to mention that we would love to welcome you time and again in our hotel.

Best Regards
Karma

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were here last last month (July 2013) Pleasant place to stay, nice garden, clean room and friendly staff,feels like at home. Achme guest house is located in Thamel,heart of Kathmandu. the room rate is good for traveler1. closed to shopping area, which is we love the most. We would love to come and stay again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
chhabis, Public Relations Manager at Acme Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Anna,

Thank you very much for your wonderful stay and your words of compliment about our place. WE really enjoyed your stay here with us and believe that we succeeded to make you feel our friendly atmosphere. I promise to make this place your second home with your repeated visit.

Best Regards
Rubika

Reviewed August 7, 2013

When I was there at this Guest House last year, the hotel was nearly towards completion of its renovation work. I enjoyed my stay there. The staff were friendly and the rooms were spacious. The hotel provides pick up and drop off services on request. This was very handy. The hotel is located well inside the main road so there are no vehicular disturbances.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the garden are better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were there Febr./March this year.
Acme guest house ist located in Tamel, so you can explore places of interest in Kathmandu by foot.
Our room was clean an hot water and electricity operated. Everything was going perfectly.
It was functioncal to booked Flight and Excursions in Acme guest house. The Chief and the staff was very helpfull and courteous. The chief talks German.
My next stay in Nepal ist in Acme guest House again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Been to nepal for twice, and each time I spend weeks in Acme. The room is very nice, with hot water and clean sheets, considering the price. And the front lawn is an oasis in the crowd Thamel, I got myself fully relaxed everytime I came back here.
And the staff here are very nice, they can help you with almost everything, and for me, it's also very happy to talk to them, to learn more and deeper about the amazing Nepal.
I will come here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here several weeks when in the city. It is clean with no insects in the rooms,they are cleaned daily if you wish. The beds are reasonably comfy for a hotel in this price range. I had a shared bathroom, which had a good shower. occaisionally at busy times there was no hot water, but it was very modern. There is a nice lawned garden in front, and is quite peaceful for being so central in Thamel. The staff gave me a discount for my long stay. I was I'll a while and they were very helpful to me. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are noisier with poor view, but cheaper
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was my third visit to Kathmandu in the last 3 yrs, and I have stayed at various hotels in the Thamel area, but none as surprising as this little hideaway gem. Right in the centre of bustling Thamel, it is surprisingly quiet and serene with its quaint, tranquil and private garden setting. The rooms were clean and spacious with hot water, and the friendly staff were eager to help in any way, always smiling. From airport transfers to general requests, the service was flawless. I am so impressed with this guest house and its Nepali charm, especially the lovely garden facing rooms. I have read some previous complaints about this hotel here on Tripadvisor, and I can only say that they are unfounded. Visitors need to understand that this is Nepal and you are not staying at the Ritz Carlton. This hotel offers reasonable rates and is in my opinion one of the best hotels in Thamel. The rooms looked exactly like they did on the website and I really couldn't fault anything about the place. Most definitely I will stay here again on my next visit!

Room Tip: For a longer stay, it is worth it to pay a little extra for the garden facing rooms with balcony. Bu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends