“Great Breakfast Choice”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Montpelier, Vermont
“Great Breakfast Choice”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

When breakfast at our hotel and nearby restaurants turned out badly, we began walking to the Northfield Cafe for breakfast every day. The huevos rancheros were great and the coffee really good. The service was good and the managers were very friendly and helpful. An added plus was a one room shop just to the side of the dining area selling colorful bowls and handbags made by village women using recycled materials. Great gifts to bring home.

• Visited November 2012

United States
“Dependable, busy, good food, good staff, good location”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We ate here about 5 times over our 10 days in Kathmandu. Even had a little birthday party for a group of 10, it was big fun, manager was so helpful and nice. Food was always good, place is busy, they have wifi, we loved it and will think of it as one of "our" places in KTM.

2 Thank RenegadeRetiree
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Reliable pleasant place.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We always go here at least once on any visit to Kathmandu. We had a great evening meal with the Nepali Music group playing who recognised us all from the last trip. We generally have the Nepali food which is good. Free wi-fi this time was a bonus and I went back several times because of this to eat and hang out. We have always kept well eating here. The only thing I did not do well with was the Nachos which were way too hot for me. I asked for the jalapenos to be taken off in advance and checked it would not be 'hot' but I don't think it was understood. So it would be good to mark on the menu what meals are hot and spicy because not everyone can tolerate really hot tasting sauces. I could not eat the Nachos but was still charged so take care if not into really hot tastes.

1 Thank Hilary B
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Excellent location with excellent food”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Northfield cafe is in central of Thamel where every tourist hang around. Northfield offers all kinds of food like Nepali,Indian,Mexican,continental food and offers Specially American breakfast. They have big out junction places specially outside garden area. They also serve everyone favorite local grand coffee in cheap prices is fantastic.

1 Thank Gopi A
Monkton, Vermont
“northfield breakfast”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have spent about three weeks to a month in Kathmandu every year for twenty years. I haven't been there for dinner or lunch much but I eat at the Northfield for breakfast every day. I know the waiters pretty well, they are always very friendly and attentive. Arjun, especially is a great guy. They never forget what I like, even if they haven't seen me for a long time. The food is really good quality and tastes great, it isn't a risk to eat there. It's not the cheapest place in town but there are certainly more expensive restaurants that aren't as good. I recommend the Northfield to all of my friends. The Christmas dinner that they do has got to be the best I've ever had outside of the US. Check this place out!

• Visited January 2013