“Average”

Ranked #64 of 857 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 1986, La Dolce Vita has now, more than ever, become a popular rendezvous with taste and flavors from Italy. From pasta to pizza, the recipes specially created are not only relishing but also provide you with a fascinating insight into Italian cuisine- a culinary tour that takes you deep into the heart of italy for the mere price of a meal. This makes La Dolce Vita one of the few places, this side of the Mediterranean, where you get a savour authentic Italian cooking in a typical Italian ambiance. The excellent selection of wines from old world to new world will accompany not only the pasta and pizza but also the steaks hence making your dinning experience a memorable one. The strong Italian essence at la Dolce Vita is matched by an equally strong tradition os providing excellent services to its guests- a practice we are proud to have maintained and perfected over the years.So, if you are in for a truly exciting date with Italy in Kathmandu, there's only one sensible choice, La Dolce Vita...a delighted welcome to the sweet life.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The food was good but service was not so welcoming. The location is fantastic.......................

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant for over a year now and it never fails to let me down. The pizzas are excellent. All the other dishes are simple, but flavoursome. My personal favourite is the lasagne bolognaise. The wine list is extensive as well. Service here has always been attentive and charming. I even ate Christmas dinner here with some other expatriates. For a simple, but delicious meal, La Dolce Vita never lets me down.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My hubby and I went backpacking for 18months (honeymoon) back in 1994-1996, I'll never forget that lasagne I had in this European Establishment, having dragged ourselves through India and Nepal the dinner we had that night after all the awful food we had eaten for months and months I'll never forget - it was the best lasagne of my life!!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

They have really tasty tiramisu and chocolate mousse.
Pizza and other food is also good but the menu could be bigger, now it's too little variety.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went there just once to have pizza. The waiter had no manners, was upset because we moved from one table to another just once. Another waiter mistook and left somebody else's pizza in our table, and this man just came running and removed it from under our noses without even explaining there had been some mistake! We wanted to leave the place at once, but finally ate what we had ordered as soon as it came, and went away. It's an expensive restaurant, and it should choose staff carefully. A real pity.