“A cozy getaway”

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A cozy getaway”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was a big fan of Delima Garden and was there almost every day during my two weeks in Kathmandu.
The atmosphere is amazing and the staff is so friendly. A cozy place to get away from the crowded streets of Thamel.
Though we sometimes had to wait a while for our food, I only had good experiences. Since I'm a vegetarian, I only tried the vegetable dishes, but I got very fond of the vegetable sizzler. Very good!
I would definitely recommend Delima Garden to anyone going to Kathmandu!

• Visited October 2012

Karlsruhe, Germany
“This was once a good place”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I visited Delima Garden each year for now 5 years. It is really a nice garden restaurant. And it was a good place to eat. But since 2 years the quality of cooking really deteriorated. First there was a problem with hygiene in autumn 2010. Both my wife and I had a very bad day the day after. This year in spring some friend complained the disastrous quality of cooking there (a new cook was the excuse). In may i was there on 2 consecutive evenings ordering the same salad. First day it was o.k., the second day I got something very different, uneatable for me, just a mixture of cabbage and some strange dressing. None of the ingredient advertised on the menu was present. And the excuse was: a new cook who was there the first day! They offered me another plate but I preferred to pay and leave. I will look for another place to eat in Thamel.

• Visited May 2012
NpjBnk
“No dlimma for Delima Garden Cafe”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My Austrian friend invited me and my nephew for a dinner at Delima Garden Café. This restaurant lies at the back alley of Thamel. As our group was large (about 20 people) the table was set outside dinning area and load shedding led us to have a candle light dinner which I think created a great ambience. Our dinner started with soft drinks, wine and juices. I ordered for a fresh orange juice and it was really a fresh juice. The food we ate was a nepali set which was again very tasty and plentiful. The staffs were decent mainly the waiters serving us were really very jolly, friendly and smiley people. They serve us with smiles and their funny chitchat this I guess also made the food tastier. They refill ed our plates and ask us to have some more. Finally, I had a cup of hot coffee that was again very good. The price for food was reasonable. I have no dilemma to recommend Delima Garden Café.

P.S. If you have Nepali set food, you can ask to refill your food as much as you wish at no extra cost. This is nepali culture. If you are invited in a local house for dinner or lunch, people ask you to have more meal even you are full. Do not get irritated this is a respect for a guest and you should tell to put very little portion.

• Visited February 2011