“Magic for the eager but not quite nomadic traveller”

Earthbound Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Earthbound Expeditions is an award-winning adventure travel company offering many trips including a private day hiking tour of Kathmandu Nepal.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 16, 2015 via mobile

We allowed for a day in 'luxury' ok arrival to Kathmandu (stayed in the Hyatt) before our adventure began! The trip with earthbound expeditions was incredible. There is nothing I repeat nothing like staying in the hills of the Himalayas, in simple cabins, huddled in your sleeping bags and blankets, bed at 8 or 9 pm, simple but lovely lovely food made by the house owner (what id give for more dhal bat, momos and those Nepalese fried breads!). Nothing like knowing how far you've trekked that day and that you've finally arrived in your destination for the day. Nothing like seeing rolling hills 2000metres below, or the sunset over the mighty peaks across the way. Our guide was amazing, Thakur Sapkota. He took care if us like a brother or father, and I never doubted him. Of all the groups (there were three in our 'trip') I was glad he was our guide. Nepal felt safe, fun, wonderful people, cheap and good value, most beautiful scenery. I was definitely shocked at the poverty when arriving, but quickly realised it was safe and you get accustomed to it. I'm so shocked and horrified by the recent earthquakes - life is just not fair for this poor gem of a country. Nepal was rising as a traveller destination - continue one and all I say. I would love to go back and plan to - I never got to chitwan national park! I wish to see her (Nepal) rise up again.

All reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 17 reviews
"well taken care"
in 15 reviews
"beyond the call of duty"
in 4 reviews
in 4 reviews
"without hesitation"
"look no further"

Reviewed May 14, 2015

Earthbound organized a well rounded tour; with sightseeing, rafting, and trekking. Everyone involved was friendly, helpful, fair and fun. Rajan is good about knowing which areas are safe and tourist friendly after the earthquake. Traveling with Earthbound is a great way to help the economy and keep these wonderful people employed. And it will be an amazing trip too!

1  Thank Kerry515
Reviewed May 14, 2015

Earthbound Expeditions were a professional organisation. We walked to Base Camp and our guides Rajit and Bebek were excellent. They were always very happy and kind. If it wasn't for Rajit I don't think I would have made it to Base Camp due to altitude sickness but because he was so patient and skilful I did accomplish this.
Thank you all for a fantastic holiday.

Reviewed May 6, 2015

Earthbound Expeditions (Kedar) was very helpful organizing a trek of the entire Annapurna Circuit. The scenery was breathtaking, and the villages warm and friendly, with many side trips to the local monasteries. Despite encountering record snow in the Annapurna Conservation Area, the trip was quite simply outstanding. It should be on your bucket list! The guide, Dil Man, was well trained and equipped for the snow, and helped safely guide everyone across the pass when the weather permitted. I used them to tour the UNESCO Sites around Kathmandu, luckily before the quake, and again to visit Chitwan. I can't say enough good things about Earthbound and its staff. They made my trip to Nepal wonderful.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 25, 2015

Rajan is a good man. Yes, he runs a business so needs to make a living but he's a bright guy and knows his suppliers. The result is he delivers well priced, efficient services. I went back to Sagarmatha, KTM and Chitwan a year after my first trek with Zearthbound and Rajan helped set up all of that too. Today's earthquake reminded me that I never did a review but after two sets of arrangements one in October 2013 and one in October 2014 I still strongly recommend him. The October 2013 was complicated by Cyclone Phaillin which resulted in a lot of management from Rajan, all ably handled.

2  Thank RCMV