“Wonderful Nepal trek for family”

Earthbound Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Earthbound Expeditions is an award-winning adventure travel company offering many trips including a private day hiking tour of Kathmandu Nepal.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 27, 2014

In March, I started looking for a travel agency to organize my family adventure trip in June. I didn't take long to decide on Earthbound Expeditions. Email responses from Rajan were quick. Our itinerary consisted of trekking, rafting, jungle safari and sightseeing, suited my children age 17, 15, 7. Charges were reasonable, no hidden costs. We had the best guide, Arjun Adhicari who is confident trekking guide with excellent track record and speaks excellent English. We met as strangers but end up as friends. My eldest son fell ill since arriving Nepal. Arjun and the porters were well-equipped with first aid box. I am thankful for that because the medicines I brought were finished. And thanks for their care to my 7-year-old son and my eldest son who had fever at the beginning of trip. When we were in Pokhara, we wanted to do paragliding, an optional activity but we had no time. Arjun did not want to disappoint us - he took an extra mile and arranged us to stay one more night in Pokhara and arranged us for the activity. The itinerary was so perfectly modified that we did not miss any programme later on and there was no additional costs we had to pay. Despite monsoon season and my sons' age, the amateurs were able to complete several days of trekking in the villages safely. Our trekking was in the third week of June and we expected rainfall. Contrary to what we know from travel guides, the monsoon was not as bad as what we thought. Rain did not hinder our travel plan. Throughout the entire trekking, there were only two occasions of a 10-15 minutes showers. At most times weather was cloudy and occasional sunshine. Things were cheaper in low season and accommodation, restaurants had few guests, hence, the advantages to travel during low season outweighs the advantage during peak season. Change in schedule, according to our guide Arjun, was easier to manage. This is our best holiday. Naturally Nepal - once is not enough...we will come back to explore another part of Nepal in the near future. A returning customer next round and hopefully we can meet Arjun, our trekking mentor, again. I recommend Earthbound Expeditions to anyone and family who looks for professional, personalized fun-filled tour package.

4  Thank Pamela G
"an amazing experience"
in 17 reviews
"well taken care"
in 15 reviews
"beyond the call of duty"
in 4 reviews
in 4 reviews
"without hesitation"
"look no further"

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We recently completed a short 6 day Ghorepani-Poon Hill trek. We booked through Earthbound Expeditions having found the price very reasonable and the service very professional. It was perfectly organised and we managed to see some breathtaking parts of Nepal in a very short space of time.

Pravin was an excellent tour guide. He is a very proud, young Nepalese man with lots of trekking experience. He is full of character and provided great company for the two of us. He looked after us every day and ensured we had a comfortable, fun and enjoyable trip. It was great listening to all his trek stories. His English was flawless and we had no problems communicating with him. In the end, he was our friend, not just our guide.

We were very fortunate to have a great tour company and an exceptional tour guide.

I would recommend Earthbound Expeditions, and in particular Pravin, to anybody who is considering doing a trek or tour of Nepal! No complaints and great memories.

5  Thank Punit F
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We booked a car with Earthbound Expeditions for our 7 days trip to Nepal to cover KTM, Chitwan & Pokhara.
Before leaving for Nepal we had numerous conversations with Mr. Rajan over emails and he was always prompt with his replies.
Once we reached KTM, a Tata Grande was sent for us which was extremely well maintained.
Our driver/ guide Mr. Manoj was too good. Extremely patient, knowledgeable and a safe driver. We enjoyed his company for the whole time we were there.
We had also booked the mountain flight to see the Everest through Earthbound Expeditions and Mr. Rajan gave us the most reasonable rates. That flight was the highlight of our trip and I would highly recommend this flight to everyone visiting KTM.
Another tip that Mr. Rajan gave us was to go for the Aarti at Pashupatinath at 7pm which was a magical experience. Almost like being on the Ganga ghats at Benaras. If it hadn't been for Mr. Rajan's suggestion we would have just gone to Pashupatinath during the day. I'd really like to thank you Mr. Rajan for this tip.
I recommend Earthbound Expeditions to anyone looking for a highly professional yet personalised tour packages.

5  Thank Ketki05
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Earthbound Expeditions is a thoroughly professional organization. Their staff and personnel were genuinely interested in making this a thoroughly memorable and enjoyable experience. They promise excellent service and they deliver!! The only snag on the trip was a plane delay due to weather.

2  Thank Gary R