Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Earthbound Expeditions tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Earthbound Expeditions
from $787.00
from $857.00
from $890.00
More Info
All reviews thamel eco resort mr rajan everest base camp his team nepal trek annapurna circuit day trek well taken care wonderful tour an amazing experience guide porter once in a lifetime took great care amazing journey look no further poon hill gokyo lakes
Reviewed June 1, 2014

There are so many trekking companies in Thamel, but I recommend you go straight to Earthbound Expeditions! I did my research from home first, then visited a few agencies in Thamel before I walked past Earthbound (who were on my list from internet research), walked in and chose them straight away. Rajan was very friendly and helpful. I only booked the day before I left and this was no problem. I also value the fact that they are an environmentally and socially conscious company.

I did the 8 day Langtang Valley trek and absolutely loved it! It was important to me to feel comfortable with my guide as I was a solo female traveller. Rajan paired me up with Mitra as my guide/porter for this trip and it was no problem when I requested I meet him first, which I did the day before we left.
Mitra means 'friend' and that he was. He was so professional for such a young age. Mitra took such good care of me, always making sure I was comfortable and ok. He stuck with me at my pace, made sure I was well catered for at every meal and always had a big friendly smile on his face. I was so very lucky to have Mitra as my guide. Langtang was amazing and Mitra made it even better for me.

I hope to go back to Nepal one day and do some more trekking. I will go straight back to Earthbound Expeditions. No need to look elsewhere. Thanks Rajan and Mitra!! :)

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

If you are thinking of doing something out of the ordinary, THIS IS IT!!!

Just like you, I found Earthbound Expeditions (EE) through the internet and chose them based on all the positive reviews. I haven't written any review in my whole life but I'm doing this because the world out there deserve the best of what Nepal has to offer through the warmth and expertise of the people from Earthbound Expeditions.

Even if you are not sure of what you want or where exactly you want to go, the first thing you have to do is go to their website and get in touch (email is the fastest) with Mr. Rajan Simkhada right away. He is the president of Earthbound Expeditions and he will help by giving you an idea of what's best for you based on your time and budget.

My friend, Jennifer, and I just finished trekking to Everest Base Camp (EBC). Our guide, Resham, and our porter, Bal, were extraordinary. They provided us with the kind of service that's way beyond our expectation. (Check out Jennifer's review on April 24, 2014).

For me, March is the perfect time to go because there were other trekkers but not enough to make it like a circus. I treasured the solemnity that the trails had to offer.
Also, the weather was just right. Warm enough so as not to feel like we were freezing (down jacket is important + gloves and head cover will help) but cold enough so that the yak dung on the trail didn't stink.

When you are ready to go, the most important thing you have to bring with you is your diamox (to prevent altitude sickness) and your used hiking boots. The rest (I mean, everything else that you will need for the trek, I'm serious!) you can buy at Thamel, good quality for an incredible price. Spending money in Nepal is also a good way to give back to the people who go out of their way to to make your stay a pleasant one.

Pack lightly. When I was reading the reviews before my trip, I won't believe what they said about wearing the same clothes for days and not taking a shower. It's true. My socks smelled fresh like they were taken out of the dryer. It was crazy!!! I brought a lot of baby wipes and felt fresh everyday.

Next is water. I got Steripen from Costco before my trip and it served us (including our guide and porter) well until the end of our trek. I gave my Steripen to my guide after the trek. (Actually, I left a lot of my stuff with our guide and porter, including water bottles, sleeping bag liner, trekking poles, shirts, a lot of food, etc.) There is bottled water available if budget is not an issue. But you have to remember that everything, yes, everything up there was carried on the backs of either the porters or the animals.

Which reminds me to tell you not to bring too much food. We did, which just resulted in excess baggage. All you need to bring are snack items because breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided during the trek. I became a vegetarian during the trek to avoid digestive problems. (We didn't have any.)

Bring your camera, it's a photographer's paradise. There is internet almost all the way to EBC. You can also charge your phone, camera, etc for a small price. Buying my power bank was useless.

And last but the most important of all, get travel insurance. Despite all the preparations, I caught the flu 3 days before flying to Kathmandu. But still, I made it to Kala Patthar (KP) and the original EBC. I was coughing and my lungs were not strong enough and succumbed to High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE) two days after summitting KP. When you are in a very bad situation, you want to have Rajan Simkhada in your corner. One text message to him and the helicopter was on its way to pick us up in Lobuche.

Despite 2 days in the hospital in Kathmandu, I believe that this trip will remain on top of all trips. Anyway, for me, the best part of traveling are those that are not part of the itinerary.

Six weeks after coming back from Nepal, every now and then, my mind still drifts back to those magical mountains in the Himalayas and the bustling streets of Kathmandu.

May you have a safe and fun trip.

5  Thank cottageroad
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My friend and I booked a customized Nepal and Bhutan trip through Earthbound Expedition and it was a lot of fun. I can't say enough about how helpful Rajan was in organizing the trip for us. We were on a three week trip and decided to detour at the last minute to the Himlayan region. I had been corresponding with Rajan about two weeks before we left and we ended up finalizing and booking about four days before going. To make things even more complicated, we were in Russia at the time, where we had a very limited internet connection. Rajan pulled it all off effortlessly and cheerfully. Our 13 hour time difference wasn't even an issue; he always responded promptly. Even though he's a busy man, we felt like we were his only customers. He even treated us to momos on our return to Kathmandu!

We both loved this trip and are so appreciative of Rajan for making it happen.

Date of experience: February 2014
2  Thank roo514
Reviewed May 14, 2014

To the people who made this a very successful & unforgettable one..Sunil, our city guide, Shreeram Adhikari & Ashish our very entertaining mountain companions, Ram, our jungle guide, to Rajan, our tour coordinator who worked beyond & above the call of duty. To all the staff of Thamel & Pokhara Eco Resorts who made sure we are well fed, woke up on time, looked after our needs. To the friends we made along the way, Thank you, mercí, danke, dank u, Dhanyabad very very much from the bottom of our hearts..

Earthbound Expeditions, keep up the excellent work! We will be back for more!

Date of experience: May 2014
1  Thank ChattyPea
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I booked the 11 days Nepal Multi Adventure Tour with Earthbound Expeditions in April 2014.
I was extremely satisfied with both the organization of the trip as well as the service received during the trip hotels (eco friendly), guest houses, food, Yoga e.g..

Next to the stunning nature and culture Nepal offers we've had the amazing opportunity to have a guide worth to mention here - Resham Raz. Not only the basics were covered guiding us through the trek, pacing and feeding the hungry Trekkies;-) More importantly allowing us to see his country and people through his eyes made this trip even more authentic & enjoyable!

All in all if you're interested in Nepal, love trekking and looking for dedicated people with heart and soul - Earthbound Expeditions is the place to go in Kathmandu!

Date of experience: April 2014