“Great arrangement but still need to improve”

Earthbound Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Earthbound Expeditions is an award-winning adventure travel company offering many trips including a private day hiking tour of Kathmandu Nepal.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I just finish the poon hill trek and it was amazing! but after the trek the arrangement quite messy,the guide taruk...he switch the pokhara sight-seeing time without a notice at the hotel lobby..also the time depart to kathmandu become from 9am to 7am..actuall depart time become 8am and we dont know why...he count the people at the bus and said "WHY ONLY GOT 33 PEOPLE,IT SHOULD BE 37 PEOPLE,BUT I THINK IS OK,LET'S GO" me and tourist beside me just shock while he said...

The trek guide is really amazing and the porters are helpful...if the city guide didn't mess up for the pokhara sight seeing time...it would be wonderful~~my words are 100% true,please improve the service~

3  Thank lkaiting
"an amazing experience"
in 17 reviews
"nepal trip"
in 13 reviews
"beyond the call of duty"
"exceptional service"
in 7 reviews
"wonderful tour"
"fantastic company"

Reviewed March 12, 2013

After contacting a few travel agencies, I selected Earthbound Expeditions due to the reasonable price and prompt response from Rajan. I selected the 5 star package for Kathmandu (Hyatt), Pokhara(Temple Tree) and Chitwan(Jungle Safari Lodge). I am really happy with the package that I selected. The only room of improvement that I would like to suggest is if the accommodation in Chitwan can be higher level of standard for the 5 star package. Rajan was very accommodating in fulfilling our requests. The day hiking down Sarangkot was simply excellent. Well done Earthbound Expeditions.

2  Thank liza187
Reviewed February 26, 2013

While I am always travelling solo, I took a chance with a small group trekking adventure with Earthbound via Rajan Simkhada - Earthbound (simkhadar@yahoo.com).

I had the most wonderful experience and met the most helpful staff (hotel and trek). The trek leader and the boys carrying our gear became family before the end of the trek. I was extremely impressed with the Thamel Eco Resort accommodations. Not only were they the most comfortable among the places I stayed during my 3 month S. Asian trip, but the price for the rooms were only what I could call inexpensive, if not cheaply priced, when they could have been double and I still would have been happy to pay.

I will surely use Earthbound arrangements again not only for a return Nepal trip but also to visit Tibet and possibly northern India.

Thank you Rajan and please say namaste to all the trek staff, including Ajay Dharal, the trek leader as well as Prakesh, food provider Sushel, the famous dancing machine Buddhi and, finally, the funny and easy-going Ramesh Tamang.

See you all soon at the Thamel Eco Resort and at Earthbound!

4  Thank Osborneinottawa
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We started with yoga classes in KTM and Pokhara and all accomodations were very comfortable. Included meals were authentic and delicious. Hotel staff were always gracious and smiling. The yogi was wonderful as well, teaching an emphasis more on mental awareness over physical fitness/toning of western course I'd done in Berkeley and SF...Which was unexpectedly useful for the long trek to come. All day trips around Kathmandu were guided by a very professional and knowledgeable college professor with a good sense of making sure things didn't feel too touristy. Owner Rajan was usually personally available to attend to needs and questions. At dinner one night we spoke to him in the hotel to upgrade our trek to a custom private Annapurna Base Camp, and by breakfast the next day he had it all set up complete with an AWESOME guide + porter. We will never forget our wonderful guide, Barat, and our porter Sandisk. We ended up spending two weeks trekking the Himalayas with these two men and they were personable, friendly, and knowledgeable, and never too chatty, imposing, or pushy. (We'd noted some other groups along the trek with guides/porters that were boorish, incompetent, or unprofessional). Our guys handled our supplies, lodging, food, communicated well, even bringing an impressive array of emergency articles...EVERYTHING 100% pro and totally inspired confidence. We didn't have to think about logistics at all, and utterly enjoyed every moment. There are some things in Nepal that I didn't like seeing so much, such as certain groups of tourists unfairly haggling poor merchants, the oppressive pollution and traffic in Kathmandu, and those darn rolling power outages. But due to Earthbound's ways, none that stuff negated any of a wonderful experience overall. Thank you Rajan, Barat, everyone on the Earthbound staff, and all the associated vendors. You guys are the best!

4  Thank mauriceramirez
See more reviews
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Usually independent travelers and not fond of traveling with large groups, we decided to go with a tour company only a few days before leaving for Nepal at the recommendation of friends who had recently traveled there. Found Earthbound Expeditions on Trip Advisor and believe it made all the difference in the world. Rajan worked with us to develop and tailor a trip that met and then far exceeded our expectations. For the majority of the trip, it was the two of us and our guide, Nama. Rajan met us at the airport in Kathmandu, made sure we got to the domestic terminal with no issues and continued to check in with us during our trip to make sure everything was going as planned. Our guide, Nama, was tremendous. It was like traveling with a very knowledgable, old friend. He proactively took care of everything behind the scenes that I am sure would have otherwise led to great frustration. It appeared seamless, yet I know took a great deal of coordination and time to set up. We were just able to enjoy an incredible two day trek from Pokhara to Ghandruk and back, paragliding in Pokhara, trips to the World Peace Pagoda, the lake in Pokhara, and the best place to watch sunrise over the mountains. He was a wealth of knowledge about trekking, Nepal, local culture and customs, and really any other question we had. Once back in Kathmandu, Nama continued to guide us through the top sites in the city - Boudhanath stupa, Bhaktapur, Durbar Square, and the Pashputinath Temple. I hope to be able to return to Nepal some day and will most definitely plan that trip with Earthbound Expeditions.

6  Thank 272JS272