“Nepal Getaway”

Earthbound Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Earthbound Expeditions is an award-winning adventure travel company offering many trips including a private day hiking tour of Kathmandu Nepal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Malaysia
“Nepal Getaway”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

After contacting a few travel agencies, I selected Earthbound Expeditions due to the reasonable price and prompt response from Rajan. I selected the 5 star package for Kathmandu (Hyatt), Pokhara(Temple Tree) and Chitwan(Jungle Safari Lodge). I am really happy with the package that I selected. The only room of improvement that I would like to suggest is if the accommodation in Chitwan can be higher level of standard for the 5 star package. Rajan was very accommodating in fulfilling our requests. The day hiking down Sarangkot was simply excellent. Well done Earthbound Expeditions.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank liza187

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Breath-taking Himalaya Trekking”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

While I am always travelling solo, I took a chance with a small group trekking adventure with Earthbound via Rajan Simkhada - Earthbound (simkhadar@yahoo.com).

I had the most wonderful experience and met the most helpful staff (hotel and trek). The trek leader and the boys carrying our gear became family before the end of the trek. I was extremely impressed with the Thamel Eco Resort accommodations. Not only were they the most comfortable among the places I stayed during my 3 month S. Asian trip, but the price for the rooms were only what I could call inexpensive, if not cheaply priced, when they could have been double and I still would have been happy to pay.

I will surely use Earthbound arrangements again not only for a return Nepal trip but also to visit Tibet and possibly northern India.

Thank you Rajan and please say namaste to all the trek staff, including Ajay Dharal, the trek leader as well as Prakesh, food provider Sushel, the famous dancing machine Buddhi and, finally, the funny and easy-going Ramesh Tamang.

See you all soon at the Thamel Eco Resort and at Earthbound!

Visited June 2012
4 Thank Osborneinottawa
Maurice Ramirez
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Helpful, friendly, and competent team top to bottom!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We started with yoga classes in KTM and Pokhara and all accomodations were very comfortable. Included meals were authentic and delicious. Hotel staff were always gracious and smiling. The yogi was wonderful as well, teaching an emphasis more on mental awareness over physical fitness/toning of western course I'd done in Berkeley and SF...Which was unexpectedly useful for the long trek to come. All day trips around Kathmandu were guided by a very professional and knowledgeable college professor with a good sense of making sure things didn't feel too touristy. Owner Rajan was usually personally available to attend to needs and questions. At dinner one night we spoke to him in the hotel to upgrade our trek to a custom private Annapurna Base Camp, and by breakfast the next day he had it all set up complete with an AWESOME guide + porter. We will never forget our wonderful guide, Barat, and our porter Sandisk. We ended up spending two weeks trekking the Himalayas with these two men and they were personable, friendly, and knowledgeable, and never too chatty, imposing, or pushy. (We'd noted some other groups along the trek with guides/porters that were boorish, incompetent, or unprofessional). Our guys handled our supplies, lodging, food, communicated well, even bringing an impressive array of emergency articles...EVERYTHING 100% pro and totally inspired confidence. We didn't have to think about logistics at all, and utterly enjoyed every moment. There are some things in Nepal that I didn't like seeing so much, such as certain groups of tourists unfairly haggling poor merchants, the oppressive pollution and traffic in Kathmandu, and those darn rolling power outages. But due to Earthbound's ways, none that stuff negated any of a wonderful experience overall. Thank you Rajan, Barat, everyone on the Earthbound staff, and all the associated vendors. You guys are the best!

Visited November 2012
4 Thank mauriceramirez
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Incredible, Unforgettable Experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Usually independent travelers and not fond of traveling with large groups, we decided to go with a tour company only a few days before leaving for Nepal at the recommendation of friends who had recently traveled there. Found Earthbound Expeditions on Trip Advisor and believe it made all the difference in the world. Rajan worked with us to develop and tailor a trip that met and then far exceeded our expectations. For the majority of the trip, it was the two of us and our guide, Nama. Rajan met us at the airport in Kathmandu, made sure we got to the domestic terminal with no issues and continued to check in with us during our trip to make sure everything was going as planned. Our guide, Nama, was tremendous. It was like traveling with a very knowledgable, old friend. He proactively took care of everything behind the scenes that I am sure would have otherwise led to great frustration. It appeared seamless, yet I know took a great deal of coordination and time to set up. We were just able to enjoy an incredible two day trek from Pokhara to Ghandruk and back, paragliding in Pokhara, trips to the World Peace Pagoda, the lake in Pokhara, and the best place to watch sunrise over the mountains. He was a wealth of knowledge about trekking, Nepal, local culture and customs, and really any other question we had. Once back in Kathmandu, Nama continued to guide us through the top sites in the city - Boudhanath stupa, Bhaktapur, Durbar Square, and the Pashputinath Temple. I hope to be able to return to Nepal some day and will most definitely plan that trip with Earthbound Expeditions.

6 Thank 272JS272
London, United Kingdom
““Wonderful Nepal trek””
Reviewed January 15, 2013

After some vigorous vetting through the Lonely Planet Website – Earthbound Expeditions stood out far and above on what they offered in value, their itinerary and what was included. Along with this, Rajan was happy to tailor our trip to our needs.

Due to time constraints, we booked the Ghorepani trek which would give us the opportunity to also see some of Kathmandu & Pokhara. Rajan and his team didn’t disappoint - From the initial Airport pick up, welcome phone call and also welcome meeting, we knew that all our needs would be met.

Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara was booked in advance for us and was of perfect standard. As was the pre-arranged flight to Pokhara which ran on schedule.

The Kathmandu sightseeing tour included in our itinerary was fantastic! – Visiting 4 different sights it was very educational. The guide was extremely informative and the day itself was breath-taking – I would highly recommend.

The trek itself was truly remarkable and we decided to take up accommodation at the teahouse lodges. Our guide and porter were very attentive going beyond their call of duty. Food was filling and tasty and we were always left with them us asking if we were satisfied. Gopal was our guide and a pleasure to spend time with. The porter too was very helpful and always cheerful.

Again, the trek was flexible in how much distance we wanted to cover and which villages we preferred to stay in. Gopal was great in finding the best rooms with a view and the best tea houses for comfort.

The trip finished with a Nepalese evening and dinner with Rajan. It was a nice gesture and end to our trip. We will be back!

Visited December 2012