“Terrible energy with ok food ”

Roadhouse Cafe Thamel
Ranked #22 of 807 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I knew going in that it was going to be a little more upscale and bit more expensive and I was perfectly ok with that.

As my friend and I walked in I immediately felt warmth from the space heaters which was great... But no greeting or acknowledgment of our existence. We sat ourselves down and watched the staff as they didn't look at us once. No help, good afternoon, welcome or anything.

I made eye contact with a few and simply got a blank look back. No menu, no anything. Finally I asked one if I could have a menu... Wait he said. OK... A few more minutes of silence went by... Finally a guy showed up at our table... No words... Just ha did us a menu and left. OK... After looking at the menu a few minutes I was ready. We looked over at one of the guys and said.. Can we order. Hold on he said.. OK... A few minutes later another guy comes over and I ask him of I can order.. He just mumbles a few words as he walks over to another guy and starts talking. That guy then comes over and just stands at our table... No words. OK... Can I order the tandoori pizza please... My friend orders.. And he walks off. OK...
He didn't ask us anything else...

No interaction until our food came. The food came and the pizza was average at best and frozen pizza at worse. Just blah really. Throughout the meal there wasn't a single... How is it? Or can I get you anything? Just a cold environment and bad vibes all around.

Look... I'm probably the easiest customer ever. Laid back and easy breezy but my goodness. How bad can a place be. Just a bad vibe all around... And for the food to be sub par too... Well that's enough for me to express my experience so that others may avoid it.

I've been in Nepal now for two and a half months and traveling for fourteen... So I'm not your average tourist. This was the wrong service and experience I've had my entire time on the road in any country.

Here's to you Roadhouse cafe... May this year see you grow and become better in the ways of hospitality and good energy. Oh and please learn how to make better pizza. Yikes!

B

1  Thank Brandon H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Do yourself a FAVOUR and get yourself a sizzling brownie!

People in my group have been getting them all week and finally I know what the craze is about. The brownies come out on a hot plate and are served with ice cream on top. Best brownies in town. We have a brownie-holic in our group and trust me she has done the sampling around for you. She tried six brownies before finding these ones.

Haven't had dinner here but the place is lovely inside and the menu looks good.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

One of the best bets in Thamel. Try the pizza, crispy and thin at the right point. Just avoid the house wine, it's Indian and is terrible!!!!!!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Service, food, atmosphere, drinks and coffees were all great! Great spot god a coffee and came back for dinner of pizzas and it was spot on.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I thought to taste something different so went to this place and ordered pizza. It took a while to get prepared and packed.The taste was nice, I loved that. My family members loved too.
The service was only average. Specially if they see Local people like us, they give only second priority until they have foreigner. I think they should have to give equally value for all of their customer.

1  Thank Paul86RS