“Western style food”

Roadhouse Cafe Thamel
Ranked #22 of 807 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice place, food very western. Safe place, but unexiciting. Would go again, but not the place to try if you are only in Kathmandu for a couple of nights. Pork chops were very good, pizzas were tempting.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The food is good here. However the serving of the waiters is not the best. I was waiting for my bill about 20 minutes! The waiters are very slow and seem not to care.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff work very slowly, often mistaken in the order. Tasty pizza, salads, cakes and coffee. If you want to eat without inconvenience – don’t choose this place: waiter come to me 5 time within 10 minutes and ask: “Do you finish your tea – I want to take your teapot cose we don’t have enough and another client order pot of tea!”
And I wait my bill 15 minutes.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Coming from Melbourne, I like my coffee. They served Illy coffee at just the right temperature and the pizzas were very good. I must admit I had come in from Biratnagar where western food did not exist, so we were starving for pizza and the Roadhouse did not disappoint.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My colleagues and I had dinner at Roadhouse Cafe after hours of shopping following a day's work.

We were so glad to have decided to have dinner at this restaurant because it gave the perfect ending to our day.

We were seated at the area near the wood-fire oven, which was quite nice because it was separated from the main dining hall of the restau. That meant being able to have a very relaxed, very enjoyable time chatting with friends while having dinner.

I ordered the pasta and the group ordered the four-cheese pizza (which included yak cheese). I must say I enjoyed both pizza and the pasta. The service was good. The food was nice. The overall ambiance of the restau was warm and cozy. It was definitely a good retreat from the chaos of the Thamel shopping area. Haha!

My colleagues and I had a good time during dinner that we went back the following day for cake and coffee.

Roadhouse Cafe is a must-vist if you're in Kathmandu! :D