“Good option for a pretty good steak”

Everest Steak House Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 804 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ate here in April 2013. Went with the 200 gram Pepper Steak (430rs) w/chips and veg (minus the egg, which comes with this order) and an Everest beer (650ml - 350rs).

Reading the previous reviews, wasn't quite sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. Got in at just after 6pm to a fairly empty restaurant that filled up by 630pm.

Ordered the steak medium and it came out that way which was pleasing. It wasn't melt in your mouth as more expensive steaks in Aus, the US, the UK might be, but it wasn't tough or gamey either. At the end of the day, you're paying 430rs for a steak so you're not going to get the best, but this is a very solid option for the price and well worth a visit. The pepper sauce was bitey and tasty and accompanied the steak well. Chips and veg were fairly standard pub type fair - not flash but not bad.

The bow-tied waiters are friendly and attentive, and the steak came out very quickly after my order which was another plus.

In summary, if you've been in the subcontinent for a while and have a hankering for some red meat, this is a very solid option. Recommended .

Reviewed March 24, 2013

we were next door to the everest steak house so we decided to stop by...the menu is variety but i chose to try the steak :) i had cucumber salad which was basically fresh cucumber and lemon juice and a half original spice steak which come in a good size and has pretty good taste. staffs was friendly and service was great so it was a fair and satisfied meal for me

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I thought with the good reviews that this would be a good restaurant. I walked in....place looks nice. As I was waiting for my food, I thought I saw a small cat run by....ooops....a long hairless tail = RAT. I received my steak (they are from Calcutta); it was so tough I could not chew it (the meat is also a little gamey --- normal for Asia). I showed the waiter that it was almost impossible to even cut the meat with a steak knife, so he was willing to exchange it for me. I asked for chicken instead. The chicken was also tough. Needless to say, I was not happy.

PS: salad was very good

Reviewed December 29, 2012

WOW!!!
after 3 months in india and a month of treking in nepal went to the Everest steak house at that momnth it looked like the best place on earth!!

great service great location!
great fresh meat bear from al kinds and wine got there 3 more times already and will go back next time for sure

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is THE place to go to stock up on protein before and after your trek. The steak is tender and perfectly cooked - but avoid the sauces which are disappointing. Get there early or reserve a table.