“Lobuche east ”
Review of Satori Adventures

Satori Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer adventure trekking tours, day sightseeing and mountain climbing in Nepal. We are registered trekking company operate adventure holidays in Nepal. We are based on Kathmandu, Nayabazar.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

I used satori adventure for my trip to Lobuche east summit.
It was my first peak climb and I felt like I was in good hands from the beginning. Logistically everything was excellent and went on smoothly without any problems. Rishi, the CO of the company, is very caring and made sure that I felt welcome even before I landed in Nepal!
They were very flexible with the Initiary, making sure that I was happy with the layup for the trip, always answered all my questions within a day and kept me well informed.
Even though I stayed in the country more than a week after I came back from Khumbu and theoretically wasn't "with" the company anymore Rishi made sure that I was doing good and had a place to stay when coming back to Kathmandu after a short trip to south Nepal.

I can warmly recommend satori adventure based on my own experience, trekking and mountaineering with them. I will also use them again for future expeditions in Nepal!

Date of experience: November 2017
Rishi B, Owner at Satori Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Dear Astrid,

Thank you so much for your kind review of your trip to Lobuche east summit on our TripAdvisor page.

It is gratifying for the whole team to hear you’ve enjoyed the Lobuche climbing. I truly appreciate your kind words about our agency. It’s a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again in Nepal for your next peak Climbing.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"every single aspect"
"main goal"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend their services"
in 3 reviews
"perfect organization"
"his team"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed December 12, 2017

Two of my best friends and I trekked to Everest Base Camp in late September - early October of 2017. Everything, from start to finish, was impeccable. Rishi puts his heart and soul into his business, and stops at nothing to make sure everyone is safe and happy. Since this trip was a life dream of mine, I was the point person amongst my friends to book everything. I chose Satori since Rishi answered my (literally) ENDLESS questions promptly, patiently, and thoroughly. I can't stress enough how thoughtful he was: he emailed back and forth with me for months before I even booked anything with his company, placating all my fears and getting me really excited about the trip. So when the time came to select a trekking company, the choice was easy: Satori.

From the moment we arrived in Nepal, we were all blown away by the kindness of everyone around us. I've been to many countries and there's something indefinable and special about Nepal.

Rishi picked us up from the airport at midnight, putting scarves around our necks. From there, we were dropped off at the hotel that he owns, The Garden Hotel. The accommodations were nicer than we expected, and the staff was very attentive and polite.

We met our guide, Ganga, and after a couple nights in Kathmandu we took off for the Everest region. Satori booked our plane tickets and our flight was only delayed by an hour or so - which is insanely lucky, considering the fact that it's not uncommon for flights to be delayed for days at a time due to bad weather. I was VERY nervous about the flight in such a tiny plane, but there was no turbulence at all, just beautiful views of the Himalayas, and a smooth landing into Lukla.

We hit it off with our guide almost immediately - we couldn't have asked for better support. He answered all of our questions, goofed around with us, and gave us encouragement when we needed it most - I would not have made it up Kala Pattar without him. Our porters were also insanely helpful - we would not have made it up there without them, either.

Ganga organized all the logistics for us, making the trek a seamless experience. The Everest region doesn't have roads, and the trail winds through the Khumbu River Valley as you hike through villages. It was so cool to walk through all those villages, see and talk to the local people, and get a feel for the country. I hike in most places I travel, but I've never had an experience like this before, and I can't recommend it enough. There's also something to be said for hiking all day and then eating a hot dinner, taking a shower, and sleeping in a bed. And, to top it all off, we didn't have to worry about bills or bookings - Ganga handled everything.That's pretty much heaven to me.

One of my friends got sick during the trip, and we were all worried it was altitude sickness. Luckily, it was just a stomach bug, and Ganga took us to the local doctor where she got meds and was as good as new in a couple days. Satori gives 2 acclimatization days in their standard EBC trek, but we paid for an extra one since we wanted a cushion. This ended up being vital to our success, since we needed that rest day for my friend to recover. My other friend and I were also happy we had a rest day, since the trek is pretty hard and it's nice to have a day to read, lounge, do yoga, etc. If you have the time and it's in your budget to do so, I recommend having an extra day during your trek. You can always push on if you don't feel like you need it, and then you just have one more free day in Nepal after your trip, which is a win win.

Before I move to the next section of our trip, I want to sing the praises of Ganga one last time. When we were hiking up Kala Patar, I was struggling a lot. There were many moments when I didn't think I'd be able to make it up - I was having a lot of trouble breathing (I have asthma, so I suffer more from shortness of breath at high altitude). Ganga saw me clearly in pain and offered to take my backpack, which I gratefully gave to him. Without him carrying that weight for me, there is no way I would have made it up the last mile. None. He also ended up carrying one of my friend's backpacks as well, and he is the reason we all had the most magical moment of my life: seeing the sun rise over Everest, on a clear beautiful day. I printed and hung one of the photos that we took at sunrise, and look at it every day to remind me of that moment.

Since we had no weather delays, we ended up having a good chunk of time left in Nepal after our trek. Rishi booked an amazing trip to Pokhara for us, really spoiling us by taking care of every detail, no matter how small. We got a tour through the city, and even went paragliding! It was such a fun experience, and we all had an amazing time kicking back and relaxing after the strenuous trek.

I don't think it's possible to have had a better experience, and I can't recommend Satori enough. I am the kind of person who likes to research a topic to death, as a means of placating my anxiety, and I felt 100% safe and happy with Rishi and Satori. Thank you Satori for helping me accomplish my life dream of touching the mountain that has inspired women and men for centuries. I still can't believe I went there, and will treasure the memories forever!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank katherinegardiner24

Dear katherinegardiner24,

We are delighted to hear your needs and expectations were met throughout your EBC trekking. Your kind review will motivate the team to continue to perform at their best.

Ganga was very happy to read your positive words for him and determined to serve client even properly.

Thank you again for recommending Satori Adventures and we certainly look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Nepal.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

I'm so happy with my trip with Satori Adventures . This was the second time for me and my friend to trek in Nepal with Satori Adventures. Everything was well prepared for us.My guide and porter are very nice . They can help us a lot . Everything ran smoothly ,we hadn't use any buffer day.

Dear ktchai2525,

We value your continued support and thank you so much for taking time to write us a 5-star review of your EBC trek on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that we have met your expectations and it is heartening to know that you truly enjoyed your trek with us.

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Nepal.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

I'm so happy I choose Satori Adventure to my trekking to EBC. Everything was so well organised. They were waiting for me at the airport, took me the hotel, i always got proper information what is the next checkpoint. They arranged everything. On the hike they were taking care of us (especially the altitude sickness topic) so we felt ourself in 100% safe. We were served maximally. Our flight was cancel from Lukla to Kathmandu (cloudy weather), but with the Satori help they arranged me helicopter flight to take me down. I can't imagine how i could arrange it without their help (I organised several trip for me, but here in Nepal it's harder). They provided sleeping bag, duffel bag ... everything was perfect. Thanks Satori!

Dear Tóth S,

Thank you for your 5-star review of Satori Adventures!

We are pleased to hear your expectations were met and we thank you for your assurance in our service. We will continue to strive to provide excellent hospitality and aim to create the most comfortable environment for each and every one of our clients.

Please do stay connected by following us on your favourite social media sites to take advantage of the exclusive deals featured and keep up to date by visiting our website.

Thank you again for your valuable patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.