“Really happy with our experience at M & R Grill”
Review of M & R Grill

M & R Grill
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Wichita, Kansas
“Really happy with our experience at M & R Grill”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were meeting family in Abilene for a day trip to see the Eisenhower museum, etc., and wanted a place to each lunch together. This restaurant turned out to be just perfect for that. Though the place was busy, it wasn't loud and we were able to hear each other talk. The menu was great, as well as a great kids' menu too. Service was excellent with friendly servers. Everyone enjoyed the food they ordered. The menu offers variety. Nothing fancy but everything was prepared perfectly and tasted great. Small towns can be difficult for dining out, but we were quite pleased with the M & R Grill.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank SimplyBC

catania
“Love fajitas!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here and I ordered beef fajitas: delicious!!! Even better than many Mexican restaurants I've eaten at... Great place and food!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So So”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

It was okay but nothing to write home about. The seating seemed really crowded together and very noisy. The food was okay but I know there are better places in town.

Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hit the spot”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Was in Abilene overnight and had a hard time finding a place with decent food (other than fast food). This was close to our hotel, right off of I70. I'm a vegetarian and it was a bit difficult to eat off of this menu but not impossible. Had to order a chicken Caesar salad without the chicken, but it worked. Food was good. The building looks a little sketchy from the outside, more like a bar than a restaurant, but once inside all was good.

Visited June 2014
“Food was OK but service was poor.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife's order was wrong. The chicken fried chicken I had was good. However service on a Tuesday night was poor. They need more servers. When asked about a discount on my wife's order they took $2 off. I didn't feel like I needed to ask and I expected them to comp hers. Good restaurants know how to handle their mistakes. We live in KC and don't make this drive often so I guess they won't miss our business.

• Visited July 2014

Been to M & R Grill? Share your experiences!