“Decent Local Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband & I were looking for a place to eat on a Friday evening, found Ike's Place in a quick search of Abilene Restaurants. When you first walk in it screams sports bar, but off to the right is a quieter restaurant atmosphere. We were greeted and seated promptly. The waiter was young and polite and couldn't really answer questions about the alcohol drinks but we muddled through. The food was hot and good. The waiter was available when we needed something. The price was fair. It was all we hoped for when we are hungry and trying a new place.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Went to this restaurant for my 30th birthday with my family, I normally choose an Italian restaurant to eat at but since this was a new place we decided to give this restaurant a try. We had to eat with our jackets on because the place was so cold. My children were shivering and one of them were too cold too eat. Our order of chicken wings were under cooked. It took over an hour to get our meal. The steak was too fatty and tasted terrible, I never have had to put steak sauce on a steak to make it taste better until now. My husband and I did not finishing eating because of how horrible it was. The price given for the daily special was not included on our bill. Worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant in my life, especially on my birthday. Mortified beyond belief.

3  Thank Robin H
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is one of the nicest places to eat in Abilene. It's more like a restaurant you'd find in a larger town. Good food, good atmosphere.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We went to Ike's for a family dinner, They were prompt in getting us seated, and taking our order. but it took 1 hr 15 minutes to get our food. They forgot 1 of the orders. so they made a made rush to prep a open faced roast beef sandwich. the Potatoes were refrigerator cold, the gravy was still jelled and cold. One of the other members also stated their food was cold. We tried Ike's but they will never see out family again. In Abilene go to the Farm House or M&R grill. much better food and service.

2  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Dined at Ike's on 10/14/2013 with a senior group as we traveled on a tour to the Colorado Rockies. I didn't make the connection with President Eisenhower until arriving at the restaurant and viewing all the wonderful photographs. There was only one server to take our orders but she was friendly and very efficient. Then she had help delivering the food. Our server kept refilling our drinks and was very knowledgeable regarding the menu. I had the fire grilled chicken with rice pilaf which was delicious. It was served hot and fresh. Although I don't eat desserts, I gave mine to another person who claimed it was the best cheesecake with strawberries he had ever had. He also got the chocolate molton volcano to-go and said it was "to die for". We had a choice of 5 entrees and they were all excellent. Salads tasted as if they were prepared that very second and consisted of freshly picked ingredients. I recommend this restaurant to everyone. Service and food was excellent. I was a little apprehensive when I looked on the internet and found out it was a sports bar. I figured it would be loud and noisy and being a senior, it's not my cup of tea. We were in the dining room outside of the bar and didn't hear any of the noises. It was really great! Everyone visiting Abilene need to stop by and see the memorabilia and have great food.

1  Thank MaryannF650

Been to Ike's Place? Share your experiences!