“Recommended by locals!”

Joe Snuffy's Old Fashioned Grill
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Description: Nice little place where all the locals eat....Much more about the food, but a good selection of drink options, to include a huge German beer selection!!!! Our motto is 'Nothing Fancy Just Great Food' and our staff that has over 225 years of combined experience works hard to make you feel at home!
Joplin Missouri
“Recommended by locals!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was my first visit to Abilene KS and the Eisenhower Presidential Library. I didn't have much time, so I asked for a recommendation for a 'good' place to get lunch downtown. It wasn't hard to find Joe Snuffy's on 1st Street. I think the sign says Joe Snuffy's Old Fashioned Grill. I ordered a swiss burger with mushrooms. The staff was very friendly. I am sure that they do indeed cook the burgers on an "old fashioned grill". It appeared that they serve breakfast all day, because 1/3 of the customers were eating breakfast at noon. I didn't see anyone 'dressed up' in the place, but indeed where the locals go for lunch. I think that I smelled like a hamburger grill when I left. The restaurant is much bigger than you think (from the outside)...I counted 18+ tables and 7 stools at the counter. Their dinner rolls looked homemade. I would try something else next time...maybe breakfast, since it seemed so popular.

• Visited June 2012

St. Louis
“A fun restaurant- all the locals were there!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We enjoyed this little place, very near the Eisenhower Museum. I can't remember what we ordered, but it was good! My husband got the jalapeno cheese sticks and they were yummy.

Visited June 2012