“GOOD FOOD, LARGE PORTIONS”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
LA Fiesta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Mexican
WV
“GOOD FOOD, LARGE PORTIONS”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were just traveling through on I-70 and stopped for lunch. The exterior wasn't promising but once inside it was obvious that it was a clean, friendly restaurant with a very colorful décor. I had not seen a Mexican buffet before and it looked interesting but my husband and I are vegetarians and ordered off of the menu.

They had more interesting options than we are used to choosing from such as battered poblano peppers stuffed with cheese and other options with vegetables. The portions were very large and the staff was friendly and attentive. I asked for a hotter salsa and they brought a very flavorful sauce with a nice amount of heat.

I am not sure of the relationship between the attached hotel and the restaurant but the restrooms were in the hotel section. The restaurant was much more impressive than that section which seemed a little dated and neglected.

If I were in Abilene again, I would stop by for another plentiful plate of good Mexican food.

• Visited March 2014

Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Great Margaritas”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good mexican food and service is always very good. Went on New Year's eve. They were very busy but still had good quality food and service. Their margaritas are excellent.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank LindaM382
Abilene, Kansas, USA
“Good food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Chips and salsa, quesadillas, etc., etc. Pretty much everything I've ever had here was good. Of course, there are usually leftovers!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Judy L
Midwest
“Good but service was ok”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Quick review: food was excellent and huge portions; however... the hostess didn't smile and sort of had a "didn't want to be there" attitude (this was 11/22/13 about 8pm).. also server didn't refill our hot sauce or waters. I give the food 8 out of 10 (they didn't have any platters with ALL CHEESE enchiladas) and the service 4 out of 10.

• Visited November 2013
Sun City, Arizona
“Super Margaritas”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Yeah right in Abilene, KS. I found some of the best Margaritas I have ever had. Food while good was like most Mexican Restaurants but someone learned a new trick with these Margaritas. Sevice was also above what I normally find on the road.

Visited October 2013