“Economical”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Abilene
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Economical”
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Stayed at the Diamond Hotel in July 2006. The property could use some sprucing up on the outside. It had peeling paint and debris around the entrance and we almost drove by and went somewhere else. However, we did stop and while the outside was not appealing the rooms were clean. The rooms were very large, as they tend to be in older hotels and this is an older one. The furnishings have seen better days but the linens were new and clean, bathroom clean as well as the newer carpeting. It was a good bargain and we got what we paid for at this property. If a person is on a budget, this is a good choice.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank bseashore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed December 19, 2005

This place offered a great place to stay with very clean rooms and all for a reasonable price. I highly reccomend anyone passing through this town to stay here as cleanliness and customer satisfaction obviously seems to be its priority, I would also like to thank the Diamond Motel management for its great hospitality.

Reviewed March 24, 2005

Mr. Avtar Badwal, the proprietor of the Diamond Motel, is very considerate and friendly. We left an expensive therapeutic pillow at the motel and, following a phone call, he mailed it via UPS to our home at his cost. Of course, we thankfully reimbursed him for his trouble. The motel room was small but clean...quite adequate. CS, Sidney, OH

• Stayed March 2005
Reviewed October 30, 2004

I stayed at Diamond several times during past year. I am pleased with their clean and nice rooms.
They have great housekeeping service. Manager is very nice and cooperative. One time My TV had some problem I informed the manager he took 3 minutes to change my TV. I did not expect that. I stayed in different rooms but I never had any bug bites. Mattresses are comfortable and have covers on them. I recommend this motel for everyone - no bugs don't worry.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 1, 2004

I stayed at the motel one night September 23, 2004. I was bitten by a spider during the night and had a 2-inch diameter inflammed and swollen area on my hand for 2 days. The room smelled terrible when I first walked in and leaving the door open to air it out only invited flies in. It was hot and dark, and the only nice thing about the room was the refrigerator.

On my return trip, I stayed at the Best Western Presidential Inn in a much nicer room with more amenities for less than the supposed low rate at Diamond.

, Manager at Diamond Motel, responded to this review, October 20, 2004
Diamond Motel enjoys great reputation. There are no bugs or spiders. We have repeated guests. Reviewer has given false statements repeatedly. We did not have anyone stayed for just one night on Sept. 23rd. Reviewer also failed to prove any spider or spider bite. Reviewer has stated that he left the doors open , if he likes to invite something from outside environment that is his choice and management can not be blamed for that. We garentee no bugs or spiders in this motel. Management of Diamond Motel welcomes anybody to come and see the truth. Nobody can beat our prices and standard together in the town.

Reviewed September 19, 2004

Over labor day weekend several families meet in Abilene Kansas at the DIAMOND MOTEL for a family reunion. Most of us have been coming back to Abilene and staying at this motel for 25 years with no problems. After the first night we all had bites on our backs but just thought they may be mosquito bites. By the second morning, with even more bites on our backs and arms, we all narrowed it down to BED BUG BITES. The Diamond Motel is under new management as of 15 months ago. My cousin showed the owner the bites and he said we must have mosquito bites. There were 15 of us staying at this motel and 12 of us had BED BUG BITES. Most of us when we left had anywhere from 20 to 30 bites all over us. I contacted the city housing inspector in Abilene and he got in contact with the Kansas Department of Health and they are going out to the Diamond Motel to do an inspection. The owner would not even consider giving us any compensation for our horrible ordeal. Do not stay at this motel unless you like sleeping with BED BUGS.

• Stayed September 2004
, Manager at Diamond Motel, responded to this review, October 20, 2004
We are sorry to say that you are unable to accept the change of ownership as it is clear from your review. You stated, out of 15 members 12 had bites. May I ask you what happened to rest of the 3 ? Infact management had seen most of your family members playing ball outside on the grass under the trees. It is natural to get bitten there by mosquitos. One of your family member called us from home after you left from here for refund with excuse of bug bites in the room. Health department also inspected the rooms as you asked them. How come they did not find anything?
Reviewed May 18, 2004

Have arrived here late at night a few times and can always go right to the room. Have had Cont. breakfast there 2-3 times. Don't know if they still offer it or not.Clean and well cared for. Has changed hand in the past year. Only been there once since management change. Good rates!!! Very adequate for over night. We had refg but no microwave in our room.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abilene
Holiday Inn Express Abilene
Best Western Plus Midwest Inn & Suites
Days Inn Salina I-70
Days Inn Salina I-70
#17 of 31 in Salina

Been to Diamond Motel? Share your experiences!