Diamond Motel
$65
Hotels.com
$42
$115
Motel 6 Junction City(Junction City)
$47
$85
$35
Super 8 Junction City(Junction City)
$42
$60
$50
$80
$59
$84
All reviewsresidential areatoastin townoff the beaten pathhot waterclean roomsmini fridgestay there againeisenhower museumdryerwifiessentialsojlodgingcerealfirmcleanliness
Reviewed March 18, 2012

we were in town for a wedding last weekend and decided to give the diamond motel a try. I was sceptical since the room was so affordable ( since usually cheap price= bad quality) I was very pleasantly surprised to find my room comfortable, spacious, and exceptionally clean. we will stay here again next time were in Abilene.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mietzie K
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed at the Diamond for over a week in January 2012. I chose it because it was one of the cheaper options in town. I got what I paid for. My room didn't cost me much, but it was cleaned every day, all the appliances worked just fine, and the managers even loaned me an iron free-of-charge for the week. I found everyone who worked at the motel to be friendly and helpful in terms of assisting me in finding my way around. And they drove me to Junction City for a way cheaper price than I paid getting from JC to Abilene. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I booked this motel through Hotels.com and was surprised at the poor quality of it when we arrived. We got in late and were desperate for a room. We had paid for two nights and checked out in the morning. The owners refused to refund our second night, saying Hotels.com wouldn't refund them.

The room wasn't clean, especially the bath area. There was a solid black ring of mold around the tub, the toilet top was broken in two pieces, and the the temperature couldn't be regulated.

I wouldn't recommend staying at this motel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mnnorske
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We ran the Abilene Kansas marathon and had the unfortunate experience of booking a room with this motel. Yes, the price is low, but I expect a clean room. The first room we looked at had lights that did not work, A/C did not work and the bathroom appeared dirty. They switched us to a second room, that smelled so badly of cigarette smoke, we moved on to a third room. The room was a bit larger than the first two, but after settleing in we noticed the walls were filthy, with unknown "marks", the shower stall did not appear to be clean and I had to go to the office twice to get a key that actually openned the room door.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank marathonjk
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I found the Diamond Motel to be the best deal in Abilene. It enjoys a well earned reputation around town for its cleanliness. The motel appears to receive regular maintenance, and our unit had new carpet and the walls were repainted this year. We noticed that we could hear people in the neighboring units, but it was perfectly quiet by the time we went to bed. It is an older motel that still utilizes keys instead of magnetic cards and looks to be furnished from a thrift shop, but it IS comfortable, well lit, and has a microwave, small refrigerator, cable TV, and Internet access. The air conditioning was wonderfully cool in spite of a summer heat wave of nearly 100 degrees, and we had lots of hot water in the shower when we wanted it. At $30 a night, it is a fantastic bargain, and we will definitely stay here again whenever we come to Abilene!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple