“Cute & friendly lunch spot with delicious food & drink”

Amanda's Bakery & Bistro
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Abilene
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The chicken salad sandwiches here are very good .... they even toast the croissant - which just shows their attention to detail. However, the pasta salad was the best I've ever eaten. Not fancy, just delicious. And the iced coffee - heaven in a glass! Plenty strong, a choice of flavors (but not used to the point of taking over the coffee) and your choice of milk, 1/2 & 1/2 or .... heavy cream!! These are my kind of people. The turtle brownie was also quite good and big enough to easily share. My only regret is that we don't live closer. I'll be thinking about that coffee until we visit again next year.

There are newer reviews for Amanda's Bakery & Bistro

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a little of a place. It took a few minutes to get our sandwiches, but that's what happens when they are assembled on the spot! Besides, I was so entertained looking around at the various items for sale (jewelry, antiques, kick-knacks, and more) that I really didn't notice. Food was tasty, refills on coffee/tea available, and friendly staff. We will be back often.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was a second good lunch find in Abilene, along with Dish. Eclectic surroundings and freshly made sandwiches were enjoyed by my wife and me. Swing by.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Onions on the grilled cheese was great! Shopped while we waited for our food which was nice. Small menu yet a good variety. The food tasted wonderful! Three women ordered three different things and all of us were satisfied!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Having never been to Abilene before, we chose what looked to be a small, trendy appearing restaurant in the heart of downtown, which caters to the tourist trade. Upon entering, we found it to be very inviting, with small lights, a combination of antiques and art deco items. About eight 2-top and 4-top tables helped to create a very personable and comfortable atmosphere.

With only one table filled at the pre-lunch time of 11:45, and only one person ahead of us, we were anticipating a prompt turn-around on our order. Having just attended a funeral, I was feeling a bit weak around the edges, and knew eating was soon necessary. Pleasantly received by the order taker, we chose to not fuss (to ourselves) about the $7.50 for a 'Grilled Cheese Supreme'....and the same amount for my husband's 'Grilled Ham and Cheese'.

We found a table and took our seats at 11:50. At 12:28 we were still waiting. Not too many others had come in (does that say something?), so we have no idea what the delay might have been. It appeared to be a family run business, but whatever on earth would take more than 30 minutes to make a grilled cheese sandwich with grilled onions? My plate came with the option of cottage cheese, chips or chili. I opted for the chile. Another total disappointment!! It tasted so similar to Hormel canned chili, that I can only assume the same.

Since we were getting back on the road to travel, we bought a large cookie to take with us. Wrapped individually but not labeled, the cashier did not know what they were. She offered up one that was 'probably gingerbread'. We took it to share. It was pumpkin spice. Not bad...very soft, but good taste....and a good size for the $1.50 price tag.

Even though it wasn't a good experience, we may chalk it up to 'a bad day', and give it another chance....mainly because others seem to have had a very different experience.

3  Thank Snurg