“Good choice for travelers”

Holiday Inn Express Abilene
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed September 4, 2008

A very nice overnight stay while traveling along I-70. Clean, comfortable room, internet access. Place well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank TheoR

Reviewed June 27, 2008

We had a great three night stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Abilene. Conveniently located right off of I70, this hotel was comfortable and offered all that was needed and more. It had a nice breakfast served until 10am on the weekend. The beds were very comfortable with soft sheets that were very clean. The mattress was just right. The rooms were very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A microwave and refrigerator in the room was very helpful and convenient.
The pool was very nice also. The exercise room and sauna were also very nice. The only complaint there was that the whirlpool seemed a little dirty, but we didn't care as the pool was warm and comforting.
The only problem we had was that we thought we had ordered a room with two double beds, but found that the only thing available was a king room. We were supplied with a roll away, which worked out fine. We commend the Holiday Inn Express for accommodating people who were left homeless by a tornado that had touched down just 10 miles away in Chapman KS. Our hearts go out to them and we thank the hotel for a very satisfying stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kcthecat95
Reviewed April 24, 2008

This is truly the worst Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed in (I travel about 8 nights per month so I see quite a few!). Problems began at check in - even though I had a Priority Club number given at the time I made my reservations, it was a problem finding it. AFTER the process was completed and AFTER I had signed my room slip that they give you at check in I was informed that the Internet wasn't working - allegedly in the whole town. I sorta blew that off (even though it's important for me to get email when I'm traveling) and went back to the room.

The beds were NOT of normal HIE quality - they were low to the floor and obviously sagged in the middle (double queen room). In addition, the heat/air conditioner would NOT hold a steady temperature - it was either too hot or too cold. NOW I began to get grumpy. Upon further inspection of the room, there was dirt and dust behind the headboard and behind the dresser in the room.

As I left the room to go get a soda from the pop machine, I noticed a bad smell of some kind - so I went outside to 'clear' my sense of smell, came back in and YUP - it smelled foul! BUT, on my trip outside, I noticed that the security lights on the south side of the property were burned out! So even if the cameras were working, nothing could be seen after dark.

After I returned to my room, the internet was working so I answered emails and finished my day's business.

The bed proved to be beyond terrible - woke up the next morning with a back ache that couldn't have been the result of anything but a poorly supporting mattress!

When I left, I mentioned some of the problems and was given the General Manager's card.

Never again will I stay at this property! I stayed in this hotel a couple of months ago and everything was fine - this trip an exact 180 degree turn around - for the worst and it seems to be happening at a rapid rate.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank mule110
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We got a suite, and the room was huge, but there was one thing a little disturbing. There was a window in the shower that faced the main quarters of the room. However there was a curtain, but as we were trying to sleep, and one person was in the shower, light still poured into the whole room through the curtain from the bathroom. The staff was friendly, but it just didn't seem like your usual welcoming Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast was the usual with their delicious cinnamon rolls.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Kuhner
Reviewed June 23, 2007

Front desk was extremely nice and cooperative. It was our stop while touring the excellent Eisenhower museum and home and we found the room all we could ask for. The staff was courteous and the breakfast room well tended.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed August 23, 2006

Adequate. You get about what you'd expect at this hotel. The pool is chlorinated to the point of being murky. Overall, the experience was ... adequate.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abilene
Diamond Motel
Diamond Motel
#2 of 4 in Abilene
Hampton Inn Junction City
Hampton Inn Junction City
#1 of 15 in Junction City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina
Express Inn & Suites Junction City
Express Inn & Suites Junction Ci...
#12 of 15 in Junction City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salina
Courtyard Junction City
Courtyard Junction City
#5 of 15 in Junction City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Abilene? Share your experiences!