“BORING!!”

Greyhound Hall of Fame
Ranked #6 of 8 things to do in Abilene
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Okay, I don't care two sticks about dog racing, but this place was really boring. It didn't make me any more interested than I was.

2  Thank DAHMCC

Reviewed December 30, 2012

When I first walked in the dogs (I think one of their names was Jade) came right up to us. Walked around a bit and saw all of the neat trophies and art but had to leave soon to get on the road for home. Enjoyed the quick visit very much.

1  Thank Moonstarwater
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I enjoyed the staff and the dogs. The place was very clean and very informative. The torphies and awards that were on display were magificent. The walk through the halls was very informative to America's past.

1  Thank Bucksterdude
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Right across the street from the Eisenhower Library, this is worth seeing. They were setting up for an event that evening so Gary and Jade were being kept in the front office but you could still pet them over their little fence, great dogs! There is a lot to see in the museum and it's easily laid out. We are big horse racing fans and it was nice to see this aspect of racing and learn more about the animals. No charge, just donations. Allow about an hour or so.

1  Thank RKAustin
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stopped at the Greyhound Hall of Fame on a whim, just to see what it is. What a pleasant surprise! After being greeted at the door by two real, live retired greyhounds, we found the rest of the museum to be very informative. If you have ever enjoyed ancient artworks, after visiting this museum you will be able to identify greyhounds in ancient Egyptian and Roman art. There are a couple of interactive exhibits and films to see too. I think people of all ages would enjoy this museum -- we happened to have Gramma and Grampa along on this trip and they enjoyed it very much. (Nice bathroom, too, comments Grampa) (Well, I like the gift shop, comments Gramma). Friends of ours have adopted 2 retired greyhounds, which make excellent and loving family dogs by the way, and so this museum/Hall of Fame meant something special to us. Admission is FREE, donations are welcome. The website has a really nice online giftshop.

2  Thank Cookie064

Been to Greyhound Hall of Fame? Share your experiences!