“Wonderful late mothers day dinner”
Review of Mr K's Farmhouse

Mr K's Farmhouse
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a Historic Farmhouse that was built in 1888. Has served as a restaurant from the 1930's to the 1970's and again from the 1990's to currently. Various celebrities from President Dwight D and Mamie Eisenhower, Actor Jimmy Stewart, Big band eras musicians and Press Secretary Marlin Fitzwater.
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We arrived at Mr. Ks Farmhouse around 1:30 on Mothers Day, without reservations. They got us in immediately, and we enjoyed good food, and friendly hostess and servers. They didn't seem to mind that we stayed late to visit. We were expecting to pay $10 or more per person, so the $8.95 per person charge was a nice surprise. We'll be heading back to the Farmhouse again!

1  Thank 5ksnuts

Reviewed March 16, 2011

Mr. K's was recommended by my bed & breakfast, and I'm pleased to say that I can most definitely recommend it to you! Had an absolutely perfect steak -tasty beef cooked to medium rare perfection. Save room for pie! I adore pie -this is GOOD!

Farmhouse is charming and definitely has the local color going on.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

My family ate here shortly after arriving in Abilene, hoping to pick up a little local flavor. On that front we weren't disappointed at all. We enjoyed wandering around looking at all the history on the walls. You've got to hand it to a place that had the chutzpah to paddle Dwight & Mamie Eisenhower on their birthdays ... and then get them to sign the paddles. Mamie's paddle is still at the restaurant. Different owners now, but the tradition continues.

OK, so the food itself wasn't particularly noteworthy ... at least not on the night that we were there. And the service was also just ok. On a quiet night, our servers were hard to find. But on balance, we had fun and enjoyed ourselves. So if you want to catch a little local history with your meal, then Mr. K's is worth a visit.

Reviewed September 25, 2009

I always enjoy the food at Mr. K's Farmhouse. The staff is very helpful and friendly. My last vist was on Sept. 22, 2009. Wish I lived closer, so I could dine there more often.
Dan

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2008

This place is run by the local Kuntz family. I'm not sure if it was one of the Kuntz that greated us, but the staff (possibly all Kuntz) were not all very friendly. Some were fine though. The meal was OK, the steak was fine, but the potato a touch cold. The Kuntz don't let you leave hungry though!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Mr K's Farmhouse? Share your experiences!