TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Review Highlights
Bhutan at its best

Great country, great people, great scenery, great weather, great guodance. We visited Bhutan for 7... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
254utak
via mobile
Book Bhutan Tour

What an amazing time we had with Book Bhutan Tours ! Our guide Sajan and drivers Raj and LB were... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
tols2
Preston, United Kingdom

All reviews told stories unique experience deep knowledge his team tiger's nest highly recommend this company days tour beautiful country amazing trip anil wishes undertake planning backpack momo nature hikers
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

We did a tour in the end of May , time when the temperature was very comfortable , the valleys were green everywhere and the blossom of the Flowers created atmosphere. Purple and velvet colors of primula and Jakaranda tree were amazing, framing the Phunakha Dzong near the river , on the hills ( very picturesque ) and splashing its color on the ground.
Actually this soft, relaxed and calm atmosphere followed us on the tour. And the guys from the company Ram and our guide Sajan helped a lot to keep it. They were attentive, friendly, helpful, open hearted, just feeling- friends kind from the first moment! We really enjoyed being accompanied by them.
Tour was good tailed , besides we did more - tracking , picnics, some other dzongs on the way , local markets, “home museum”. Just Ask them or do a wish - they re like butan magicians ))). Remember, Ram, my request about the city watch ! Looking forward for some government regulations about the trash, litter on the path to Tiger nest!
Sajan told a lot in the temples he really knows “ the subject”, (ask him any questions, it’s very interesting !) we discussed and told stories to each other, laughed, did meditations. Thanx thanx a lot !!
Practical advices : important !
1) don’t be lazy to start hiking the Tiger Nest temple early morning ( 6 am) no people on the way, u can fill all the “energy points”, meditate alone on top , be the first registered in the book of the day ( like we )! 2) if u want to buy tankas painting do it in the religious art school - where they sell school guys works (not expensive, accurate done , Intention and Energy differ from commercial items at the workshops) 3) buy and try fruits at the market ( we enjoyed asparagus, peaches , mango ) 4) insist Ram to let u taste momo cooked by his wife ( the best!) 5) buy in Paro corgaceptus, when u r back home to make a “wisky” medicine ( helps a lot to keep healthy gemeostaz level) 6) do check in ( right side of a plane , from Bhutan) beforehand , to see the great Everest; 7) relax , enjoy and trust the guys - they do their best !
You will definitely feel the influence of visiting this country , just open your eyes and heart !

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had an amazing experience with Book Bhutan Tours and would happily recommend them to anyone considering a trip to Bhutan. We were very lucky to have Ram and Sajan as personal guides, who between them know just about everything there is to the country. Test them on the different species of rhododendrons, the famous sleeping dogs and local folk tales - they will give you a wonderful insight to the country and a truly personal experience.

Ram was personally involved throughout, from the initial booking, all the way through to dropping us at the airport for our 5am flight. Bhutan is not a cheap country to visit but Ram, Sajan and Book Bhutan Tours made every dollar worthwhile.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

Book Bhutan

My partner and I booked a 5 day 4 night tour with Ram Bhutan. We had the most u forgettable time. Ram is such a pleasure to deal with and was with us all the way: he was attentive and responsive during the booking process and did not charge an extra service charge for booking our flights for us; he provided us with Sarjan, one of the most engaging and knowledgeable tour guide we have met. We got a richer insight into the philosophy of Gross National Happiness and the stories and symbolism around Buddhism.
The both of them were always positive and upbeat and catered to all our needs. We had a warm welcome at the airport and this carried throughout the trip.
Ram and Sarjan had many a great stories to share about growing up and living in Bhutan.
The meals were excellent and we were given the most prominent views in each of the hotels. The hotels were clean and welcoming.

Each day was tailored and flexible - I was interested in seeing textiles, arts and crafts and were taken to see these sites.

We would highly recommend booking a tour with Ram for a personal, honest and authentic tour!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

May 2019.We two, had a trip through the west part of Bhutan during 9 days. Was very good!
As to agency , to Ram, to our guide Sajan so many thanks:) We had a very good company with smart, interesting interlocutors, humorists, that had made our selffeelings of trip easy and soulful.
Ram was wery attentive to us, to our wishes and feelings, еspecially eating habits and helped us to get favourite meals.
Always possible to buy fresh favourite foods, and enjoy that in a dinner or lunch.
Good tour program that had made us not fully tired, but impressed.
If you are well sporty prepared, better to take more trackings.
Weather in may, is not very good to admiring highest picks surround, if you are peacks view lover , visit Bhutan in a cold time season.
As to Bhutan , is very energy charged and same time very calm place.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank annanester1
Reviewed June 22, 2019

I contacted many travel agents in and out of Bhutan to plan our trip. Ram, who owns Book Bhutan Tour, was very responsive and understood immediately what was needed to make my wife and me happy. The challenge I gave him was that we wanted easy hikes but at the same time visit all the places that would allow me to fully indulge in my photography pursuit. I wanted to understand the local religion, culture, people and wild life and all this was to be accomplished on a compressed time schedule.

Ram arranged for an extremely knowledgeable guide, Sajan, who was proud to be a Bhutanese and you could see that in the deep knowledge he had of the country’s history, how its culture evolved and how all that was manifest in the country’s art, museum, buildings and temples. He also knew the names of the various birds that we photographed in the bird sanctuary!

As far as the planning and execution of the trip was concerned, Ram did a fantastic job of arranging the car, driver, guide, hotels, flights and visas. Sajan, our guide, and the driver were always on time and available. They modified their normal route to accommodate our wishes to visit different places and even packed picnic baskets to have hot tea at incredible desolate places and high mountains! Ram came by one night to take me to a few locations from where I could take great night time pictures of the palace and other buildings. I now have better pictures than the tourist brochures!

Ah! And the humor part: I was complaining that the dogs in Bhutan bark a lot at night. Ram told me that that is because Bhutanese dogs are “solar dogs” – they sleep during the day absorbing energy (you could literally jump over them and they could care less) and use that energy at night!

Bottom line: Ram and his team exceeded all our expectations, did a fantastic job of planning and adjusting the plan. I have travelled around the world so I know what travel agents do – Ram is beyond exceptional. Thanks Ram and your team!

Date of experience: March 2019