TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Review Highlights
Bhutan at its best

Great country, great people, great scenery, great weather, great guodance. We visited Bhutan for 7... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
254utak
via mobile
Book Bhutan Tour

What an amazing time we had with Book Bhutan Tours ! Our guide Sajan and drivers Raj and LB were... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
tols2
Preston, United Kingdom

All reviews told stories unique experience deep knowledge his team tiger's nest highly recommend this company days tour beautiful country amazing trip anil wishes undertake planning backpack momo nature hikers
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2019

I contacted many travel agents in and out of Bhutan to plan our trip. Ram, who owns Book Bhutan Tour, was very responsive and understood immediately what was needed to make my wife and me happy. The challenge I gave him was that we wanted easy hikes but at the same time visit all the places that would allow me to fully indulge in my photography pursuit. I wanted to understand the local religion, culture, people and wild life and all this was to be accomplished on a compressed time schedule.

Ram arranged for an extremely knowledgeable guide, Sajan, who was proud to be a Bhutanese and you could see that in the deep knowledge he had of the country’s history, how its culture evolved and how all that was manifest in the country’s art, museum, buildings and temples. He also knew the names of the various birds that we photographed in the bird sanctuary!

As far as the planning and execution of the trip was concerned, Ram did a fantastic job of arranging the car, driver, guide, hotels, flights and visas. Sajan, our guide, and the driver were always on time and available. They modified their normal route to accommodate our wishes to visit different places and even packed picnic baskets to have hot tea at incredible desolate places and high mountains! Ram came by one night to take me to a few locations from where I could take great night time pictures of the palace and other buildings. I now have better pictures than the tourist brochures!

Ah! And the humor part: I was complaining that the dogs in Bhutan bark a lot at night. Ram told me that that is because Bhutanese dogs are “solar dogs” – they sleep during the day absorbing energy (you could literally jump over them and they could care less) and use that energy at night!

Bottom line: Ram and his team exceeded all our expectations, did a fantastic job of planning and adjusting the plan. I have travelled around the world so I know what travel agents do – Ram is beyond exceptional. Thanks Ram and your team!

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank DiscovertheGlobe2019
Reviewed June 13, 2019

We had a really nice time in Bhutan and Ram and his Team took really good care of us ! We will miss him, the Team and the really nice time we had in Bhutan togethe. Thanks you very much and hope to see you guys soom.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank 304saschae
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Thank you very much for amazing time in Bhutan. Everything perfect. Best guide, best driver best places to visit. I higly recomend to everyone. Stay safe :)

Wielkie podziekowania za wspanialy czas w Bhutanie. Wszystko bylo idealnie. Najlepszy przewodnik, najlepszy kierowca i najlepszy program wyjazdu. Polecam w 100%.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I cannot recommend this company highly enough. The communication is outstanding from the start. The owner -Ram- deals with you directly and will call you to talk about your trip in detail and what he can offer if you prefer rather than exchanging tons of emails. He follows up with lots of links and offerings before setting the itinerary. His English, knowledge and enthusiasm will be evident when you talk to him. He can pretty much arrange anything but he is not a salesman. Ram sincerely wants to give you the best Bhutan experience from beginning to end. He offered us lots of choices and made experiences happen for us if we said we were interested after we began the tour. He even had someone go get me cold medicine when I stayed back at the hotel sick one morning of our trip. Our guide and driver were great. We felt more like friends than tourists. Anup our driving made me laugh and we had a blast hiking with him. In addition to the planned activities, the schedule left room for whatever we wanted to add. We stalked cranes behind farmers stone fences to get the perfect close up shot because a member of our group loved birds. We danced and laughed with locals at lunches in homestays (ask the guide for a local to make you fresh cheese with chili oil - it is like nothing you have ever tasted), we hiked through snow to temples ( the driver insisted on carrying my backpack just to be nice), we chatted with monks and even helped one clean out his room on temple cleaning day, one of our group even helped local ladies build a house because when he started asking questions, the guide said “you want to try it?”, we played with children at a big festival and our guide and driver made sure we had a great view of the masks and dancers, we stoked our own stove to keep our room warm with a little help from hotel staff, we milked yaks (well I declined but I watched one of the others go for it). We strolled through town searching for Oreos when I saw a package at a temple and got homesick for a familiar food. We drank “ara” with different locals - the local homemade hooch. Our guide and driver set up tea and biscuits on The side of the road whenever we needed a break on a long drive. We saw all the tourist sites, but did so much more and nearly everything was flexible. We just had to ask and the next thing we knew, it was arranged. Want more local food...bam... a homestay lunch in a field farmhouse was arranged that day. Want to try Momos...bam...a shop was located within hours and every type was there for us to try along with some chili sauces I declined but my husband loved. Want to hold a 108 gong ceremony on the top of the pass with the new bowl you just bought...just pull over and pull out the cameras and the guide and driver were there to cheer us on gong by gong. Too tired after a long drive to go to the hotel dining room...no problem...ten courses were delivered to my room in less than twenty minutes while the rest of the group dined in the dining room.
Although we experienced so much, it felt casual, personal and unrushed. Every person got attention and their needs and desires met even if it meant splitting up for an hour or two. And this company takes care of every tiny detail, even booking specific rooms with specific views where they can. I have travelled a lot and generally don’t prefer tours but it is required in Bhutan - so I was a bit nervous that we would be bussed from tourist trap to tourist site. What I received was so much different than that. I can’t recommend this company enough. Contact me through here if you have any questions. Bhutan is expensive - with this company, you will feel like your money was well spend because it is so customized and the emphasis is on making you feel like you are a guest of the king himself.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

We live in Hk .My wife , younger son and me visited Bhutan during 5th Feb 2019 till 11th Feb 2019 . All arrangements during our stay - right from receiving us at the aiport , checking into hotels booked by Book Bhutan Tours , Thimphu and sightseeing - were arranged by Ram . Impeccable arrangements ! The accomodation was all very wonderful , the local Bhutanese cuisine that Ram arranged for us to have during our trip was wonderful as well . The sightseeing was arranged in such a way that we did not feel rushed even once and covered most of the places we wanted to during our short stay . Ram arranged an impromptu riverside tea picnic in picturesque surroundings and this was most enjoyable. Our guide Cheki Dorji as well as driver Anil were most helpful and let us have a very enjoyable time - Bhutan is a beautiful country with so many photo ops - both Dorji and Anil were most accomodating in helping us take some excellent family pics and also halting for coffee / tea breaks along the way where they served us coffee and tea which was most welcoming in such cold weather . We will definitely visit Bhutan again in the future and will use Book Bhutan Tours for all our arrangements again . We would recommend Book Bhutan Tours to anyone planning a visit to Bhutan . Thank you Ram , Dorji and Anil for a memorable holiday !!!

Date of experience: February 2019