TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Trip with a difference....

We had been planning this trip for a while and had been in touch with many operators. We came... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Zabanga
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
via mobile
Perfect experience, from start to finish

There are so many agencies that you can book with in Bhutan, it can be a bit overwhelming to know... read more

Reviewed yesterday
ChristineT2283

All reviews told stories unique experience deep knowledge his team highly recommend this company tiger's nest days tour beautiful country amazing trip anil wishes undertake planning backpack momo nature hikers
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I cannot recommend this company highly enough. The communication is outstanding from the start. The owner -Ram- deals with you directly and will call you to talk about your trip in detail and what he can offer if you prefer rather than exchanging tons of emails. He follows up with lots of links and offerings before setting the itinerary. His English, knowledge and enthusiasm will be evident when you talk to him. He can pretty much arrange anything but he is not a salesman. Ram sincerely wants to give you the best Bhutan experience from beginning to end. He offered us lots of choices and made experiences happen for us if we said we were interested after we began the tour. He even had someone go get me cold medicine when I stayed back at the hotel sick one morning of our trip. Our guide and driver were great. We felt more like friends than tourists. Anup our driving made me laugh and we had a blast hiking with him. In addition to the planned activities, the schedule left room for whatever we wanted to add. We stalked cranes behind farmers stone fences to get the perfect close up shot because a member of our group loved birds. We danced and laughed with locals at lunches in homestays (ask the guide for a local to make you fresh cheese with chili oil - it is like nothing you have ever tasted), we hiked through snow to temples ( the driver insisted on carrying my backpack just to be nice), we chatted with monks and even helped one clean out his room on temple cleaning day, one of our group even helped local ladies build a house because when he started asking questions, the guide said “you want to try it?”, we played with children at a big festival and our guide and driver made sure we had a great view of the masks and dancers, we stoked our own stove to keep our room warm with a little help from hotel staff, we milked yaks (well I declined but I watched one of the others go for it). We strolled through town searching for Oreos when I saw a package at a temple and got homesick for a familiar food. We drank “ara” with different locals - the local homemade hooch. Our guide and driver set up tea and biscuits on The side of the road whenever we needed a break on a long drive. We saw all the tourist sites, but did so much more and nearly everything was flexible. We just had to ask and the next thing we knew, it was arranged. Want more local food...bam... a homestay lunch in a field farmhouse was arranged that day. Want to try Momos...bam...a shop was located within hours and every type was there for us to try along with some chili sauces I declined but my husband loved. Want to hold a 108 gong ceremony on the top of the pass with the new bowl you just bought...just pull over and pull out the cameras and the guide and driver were there to cheer us on gong by gong. Too tired after a long drive to go to the hotel dining room...no problem...ten courses were delivered to my room in less than twenty minutes while the rest of the group dined in the dining room.
Although we experienced so much, it felt casual, personal and unrushed. Every person got attention and their needs and desires met even if it meant splitting up for an hour or two. And this company takes care of every tiny detail, even booking specific rooms with specific views where they can. I have travelled a lot and generally don’t prefer tours but it is required in Bhutan - so I was a bit nervous that we would be bussed from tourist trap to tourist site. What I received was so much different than that. I can’t recommend this company enough. Contact me through here if you have any questions. Bhutan is expensive - with this company, you will feel like your money was well spend because it is so customized and the emphasis is on making you feel like you are a guest of the king himself.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

We live in Hk .My wife , younger son and me visited Bhutan during 5th Feb 2019 till 11th Feb 2019 . All arrangements during our stay - right from receiving us at the aiport , checking into hotels booked by Book Bhutan Tours , Thimphu and sightseeing - were arranged by Ram . Impeccable arrangements ! The accomodation was all very wonderful , the local Bhutanese cuisine that Ram arranged for us to have during our trip was wonderful as well . The sightseeing was arranged in such a way that we did not feel rushed even once and covered most of the places we wanted to during our short stay . Ram arranged an impromptu riverside tea picnic in picturesque surroundings and this was most enjoyable. Our guide Cheki Dorji as well as driver Anil were most helpful and let us have a very enjoyable time - Bhutan is a beautiful country with so many photo ops - both Dorji and Anil were most accomodating in helping us take some excellent family pics and also halting for coffee / tea breaks along the way where they served us coffee and tea which was most welcoming in such cold weather . We will definitely visit Bhutan again in the future and will use Book Bhutan Tours for all our arrangements again . We would recommend Book Bhutan Tours to anyone planning a visit to Bhutan . Thank you Ram , Dorji and Anil for a memorable holiday !!!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 12, 2019

My wife, son and I visited Bhutan from 30th Dec - 3rd Jan'19. I had started the planning for this trip about 3 months prior and came across Book Bhutan tour and the great reviews that it had. I then contacted Ram who responded immediately and given his busy schedule he happened to have time the week we had planned to be in Bhutan. He was extremely professional, constantly responding on whatsapp and e-mail and making sure he was giving guidance on the weather and how we need to come prepared and so on. And right from the time of arrival where he received us at Paro and then was with us throughout from Thimpu, Punakha and Paro - it was an incredible experience. His deep knowledge of the terrain, geography and history made it even more wonderful as we had a walking guide along with us. He made sure he accompanied us right through and took us to the best dining areas having understood our vegetarian needs. He was quick to understand our needs and adjusted accordingly. He also made sure we were always getting the best deals and looked at every engagement from a customer standpoint .When visiting places such as Bhutan and you travel by road - it is simply so critical to have someone who is not only caring but knows the terrain well. How much one enjoys depends to a large extent on the companion that you get. And we were indeed lucky to have Ram. We had a phenomenal trip and had one of the most wonderfully relaxing moments in what is truly paradise lost. And Ram made it most memorable indeed, I would unhesitatingly recommend Ram to anyone visiting Bhutan. Thanks Ram for a wonderful experience.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

Book Bhutan Tour, Ram and the guide were incredible. They were able to accommodate the needs of avid hikers with those of our two year old son, and we had an amazing time. We had an amazing mixture of nature, hikes and trails with culture and heritage sites. I would recommend them fully!!
In case you want good range of hotels you can tell them to upgrade the basic package and they will also help you find good deals.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 5, 2018

We went on a 10 day tour with Book Bhutan Tour from 22 October 2018 and had a wonderful time. Mr. Ram Dorji Tamang, the owner / driver and guide Tenzin Jamso came to receive us at the airport in Paro and greeted us with the traditional scarf, khada. From the moment we stepped into the comfortable car and drove alongside the sparkling river across the valley and into the mountains, we knew that this was a special place and the two guys sitting in front chatting amiably about their country would become good friends by the end of the trip! Ram is perhaps the safest driver in Bhutan! Tenzin was very knowledgeable about the different places we visited even offered to carry our backpacks on the hike to Tiger's Nest and Ram tried his best to make us comfortable wherever we went including reserving the best room in the hotels and sometimes a suite. He even organized a visit to a home so that we could try out a traditional home cooked meal. The trip was expensive, but well worth it. We’re so glad to have chosen them as it was like traveling with family! Thank you Ram and Tenzin for this memorable trip!

Date of experience: October 2018