TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Review Highlights
Bhutan at its best

Great country, great people, great scenery, great weather, great guodance. We visited Bhutan for 7... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
254utak
via mobile
Book Bhutan Tour

What an amazing time we had with Book Bhutan Tours ! Our guide Sajan and drivers Raj and LB were... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
tols2
Preston, United Kingdom

All reviews told stories unique experience deep knowledge his team tiger's nest highly recommend this company days tour beautiful country amazing trip anil wishes undertake planning backpack momo nature hikers
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2018

We (a group of four) spent 14 unforgettable days with Book Bhutan Tours and had a truly wonderful experience. Mr. Ram is exceptionally forthcoming and adjusted the program 100% to our preferences and wishes from the start, e.g. by including off the beaten track experiences. Our trip focused a lot on nature & hiking, but also culture and local traditions. Both the organization of the trip and travelling with Book Bhutan Tours was very accommodating, straightforward and easy.

Mr. Ram together with his guide Mr. Tenzin and the driver Mr. Anil were the winning team that made our trip amazing and most of all fun. Their sense of humour, knowledge, dedication to their jobs, care and helpfulness was simply amazing. At the same time they gave the four of us privacy whenever we wanted. Thanks to Mr. Anil we always felt safe on the (sometimes bumpy) road.

The accommodations were all well chosen. We were offered a big variety of different places ranging from a private farmhouse up to a 4 star hotel (including central heating), while 3 star hotels were the average. Being avid hikers Mr. Ram made sure that we got plenty of it. From a one hour hike to a full two day trek we got everthing included in our program. The same was true for our interest in culture, history, architecture and local traditions/handicrafts. A highlight was the Trongsa cultural festival. Breathtaking experience really!

The country is stunningly beautiful. We travelled off-season in December/January, which we can only recommend. On many days we did not meet other tourists. Heating in hotels varied so warm clothes were helpful (sleeping bags are not needed). The food was almost everywhere of good to very good quality – a lot of vegetarian options are standard. Where hotel food was moderate Mr. Ram took us out to local restaurants with amazing Momo (local dumplings), Chilli Cheese (for those who like it hot) or other local specialities.

We want to go again!

Christoph & Beate

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed September 8, 2017

We had a beautiful stay in Bhutan in a 4 days tour very well organised by Mr. Ram and accompanied by Tenzin and B., our driver. We really appreciate the quality of their services, their kindness and the nice time shared from the beginning to the end. Thanks for making this special trip so unforgettable!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I went to Bhutan alone, but quickly had 2 new friends. Umish and Ram were absolutely fantastic during my 4 days there.

Not knowing much about the country or places of interest, I was glad to have a good tour agency to plan things for me. I told Ram I had interests in culture and nature, and he took care of the rest. Not needing to set my own itinerary turned out to be a great thing because this tour did not disappoint. Every day was full of something new to see (hikes, forts, temples, authentic restaurants, mountain views, etc) and we had flexibility at several points to allow me to choose what to do based on my feelings at the time. Both guides were extremely knowledgeable, courteous, and open to all my questions (and helped me get some medicine as needed).

As a tourist in Bhutan there's a govt regulated daily tariff and minimum standards set on hotels and food for agencies to book, but some will go above and beyond the minimum requirements. Book Bhutan definitely did. They provided plenty of extra coffee/snack breaks along the way, and took the tours from early morning into late night depending on my preference. All transportation is done in a private car with plenty of bottled water, so no crowded busses or hassle.

The country itself is amazing. So much open space, fresh air, friendly people, and unknown history. I'd highly recommend a visit there and using Book Bhutan!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Our trip was late, very late in planning. We had some obstacles to over come. But Ram and Book Bhutan Tours was there to help. They trusted us to have the funds wired in time for the trip when we were having difficulties with our bank.

Once our arrangements were finalized, everything went as smooth as silk. Ram tailored our trip on the fly and then came up with unique excursions that surprised and delighted us!

Our guide told stories as we drove about the countryside. We shot bows and arrows and played lawn darts with locals. We had hot baths in wooded tubs with the water heated by rocks (heated in an outdoor fire) dropped into the water sizzling as steam rose about us. There were many other exciting adventures (too numerous to mention them all!) including the Tiger's Nest monastery climb!!!

The uniqueness of the people was delightful!

It is an adventurer's dream!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Mr. Ram Dorji Tamang is an excellent organisator. He is very reliable, can entertaining, knows his country and his population very well and is a safe driver.
We had a very good time in Bhutan with him and for my next trip we will contact him again.

Date of experience: September 2016