Tripadvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Bhutan exceeded all expectations

The only thing I would change is to spend more time in Bhutan. Was a perfect trip, the organisation... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
skippye2014
Word Class Service .....Catered to Every Need

3 day private Bhutan tour with Dolay as guide and Sunjee as driver. Saw key sites, learned a lot... read more

Reviewed January 8, 2020
Dalia L
Bridgetown, Barbados

All reviews day tour bhutan travel initial contact always felt safe professional driver an excellent guide amazing tour a lot of fun solo trip unique experience great trip beautiful country tiger's nest suman ms interests meals
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2019

My wife and I (ages 71 and 76) are experienced independent travelers who were interested in exploring Bhutan. Although initially turned off by all of the rules and regulations (contracting with a government approved travel agent, with a fee of $250 per person per day that included most everything, etc.), we finally decided to go ahead with background reading and compiled a list of our Bhutan preferences to email to vendors. Responses varied, but Bhutan Travel Bureau (BTB) was our favorite. Our BTB contact, Thinley, was patient, prompt and incredibly competent in helping us arrive at our final private 18 day “tour”, encompassing western, central, and eastern Bhutan, starting 9 April 2019. What a fortunate decision!
BTB provided us with a wonderful guide (Ugyen), great driver (Sherab), a very comfortable car, and nice accommodations, four key ingredients for a spectacular adventure. Ugyen was full of interesting information that he lovingly communicated; we felt like we had enrolled in a college course about all aspects of Bhutan. In addition, Ugyen always kept a careful eye on us, with both safety and enjoyment in mind – a real and reassuring delight. Sherab was an excellent complement; he made some difficult driving/riding (especially in the East) a lot of fun (and safe!). We cannot imagine a better dynamic duo to direct our adventure.
In the West, our favorite experience was a 3 day walking trek from the Haa to Paro valleys via the Sagala pass, accompanied by a team consisting of our guide, three locals, six horses, with tents, food, etc. It was very demanding but the rewards were spectacular. Of course, exploring sights (dzongs, temples, parks, etc.) and other mountain passes were memorable. In the Center, we loved the Bumthang festival, a local celebration featuring colorful dances and great people watching. The broad valleys were also exciting to explore. The East was a particular joy to experience – a very different atmosphere, less developed than the rest of the country...like stepping back one hundred years.
We found Bhutan with its message of happiness, spectacular scenery, friendly people, and a peaceful Buddhist culture to be a truly unique and wonderful place to spend 18 memorable days. We recommend it highly, especially under the professional and competent direction of BTB. Enjoy!

Date of experience: April 2019
BhutanTravelBureau, Manager at Bhutan Travel Bureau, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear Alfred42,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Congratulations also for taking in the entire breadth of the country in one trip with a Sagala trek to cap the experience. We are extremely glad that you found our staff and infrastructure up to the mark. It makes our day to hear that you had such a memorable time in our country. Your guide and driver (Ugyen and Sherab) and BTB are delighted you recommend us so highly.
Warmest regards from Bhutan and thank you again for your superb review.

Reviewed April 29, 2019

I had a great trip. the guide was very knowledgeable and very friendly and the driver was careful and drove very safely. I have seen beautiful things in Bhutan. Had a fantastic trip with great memories.
The hotels were also great. Food is delicious.

Dear LiesbethD173,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are glad that you had a fantastic experience of our small country - with great memories and good food.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Probably i'm the first Indian traveler to write a review for BTB. Our tour was organized by their sister company 'Bhutan dragonfly Tours & Travels'. Before deciding on which tour operator to choose, I contacted many of the authorized and well known Bhutan tour operators. But I must say Pranita & Tashi from BTB were prompt to reply all my queries and provide me a customized itinerary as per my requirements. The tour cost met my budget as well.
I had a problem in making the online payment to Bhutan bank and after discussion with Pranita I contacted my bank and did according to her instruction. The payment got through ( though the payment takes 4-5 days to reflect )
Once the payment was made, Tashi was prompt to get the e-permit along with inner route permits.

In Bhutan, We didn't had to take a single headache as our guide Pema was there with every arrangements. He was a knowledgeable and helping person. He got to know our liking and disliking and accordingly set the tour. The choice of his restaurants was great. Our ride was of great comfort and our driver Rajman was a very polite and friendly guy.
All the hotels that were provided were also best in class and had courteous stuff with good food options. We didn't face any issue.

All in all we loved the tour experience with you guys, would love to come back again. We would also love to recommend others to go through Bhutan Travel bureau/ Bhutan Dragonfly as they have the required knowledge , business network and most importantly the goodwill to make a good trip.

Regards,
Manik Roy & Arpita Sinha
(Happy Travelers )

Date of experience: April 2019
BhutanTravelBureau, Manager at Bhutan Travel Bureau, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Dear Manik & Arpita,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and recommendation. Bhutan Dragonfly is glad that you had a seamless trip and enjoyed our country. Our guides and drivers strive to provide their best and are very grateful for your appreciation of their services.
We hope you will visit Bhutan again and look forward to serving you again.

Thank you again and wishing you all the best.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

In my 1st initial contact with BTB in 2016 when planning our 1st trip in march 2017,I was taken in by the prompt response and planning by BTB.Taking into account our interests they suggested a 11day trip and suggested Bumthang.My friends who have traveled to Bhutan before me went only as far as Punakha.BTB gave me a provisional itinerary which I could add or delete.It was such a wonderful trip and I was so glad we include Bumthang.

Hence our 2nd trip this March 2019 again an 11day journey but further East to Mongar and Lhuentse and we insisted on Tshultrim be our guide.Tshultrim turned out to be more than a guide to me ,more like my Dharma brother with his affable nature and knowledge of the significant and historical places.

With BTB you can tailor your visit ,be it nature,trekking,cultural and/or historical temples.
Do note that in this 2nd trip(begin 24th March) the temperature changed from -2deg C to 28deg C and elevation change from 1200m to 3800m.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 4, 2019

In 2017, I came across Bhutan Travel Bureau and started working with them for our visit to Bhutan with some friends in March 2017. We were recommended to do the 11 days tour to cover Paro until Bumthang and was recommended to Climb Tiger's Nest on day 10. Upon arrival at Paro Airport, we met Tshultrim and our driver Tshewang. We spent an extremely exciting and awesome time with them and felt sad to leave after spending 10 days with them.

It was then that both my husband and I prayed to visit again in 2 years time as the roads from Paro to Bumthang will be ready.

March 24, 2019 - my husband and I revisited Bhutan(this was our Thanks giving and pilgrimage trip) for 11 days and was recommended to head East to Mongar and Lhuentse. We requested for Tshultrim to be our guide as we have grown very fond of him. He met us upon arrival at Paro airport and we felt that we have come home to Bhutan.

Our adventure to the East started on Day 3 when we drove from Bumthang to Mongar and Lhuentse. The exciting drive with changing scenery greeted both of us and we experience 2 season change (long winter this year) within the day as we cross Thrumsingla Pass and drove towards Mongar and Lhuentse.

When we headed back to Bumthang, Gangtey, Punakha, Thimphu and Paro, we enjoyed the opportunity to be able to revisit all our favourite sites and to enjoy the hospitality and the culture of the people of Bhutan.

We wish to be able to go back again and will definitely contact BTB and Tshultrim to organize our next visit.

Thank you Tshultrim and BTB for making our Thanks giving and pilgrimage another awesome trip.

Date of experience: March 2019
BhutanTravelBureau, Manager at Bhutan Travel Bureau, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2019

Dear Carie,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We are so glad that you were able to visit again and to experience eastern Bhutan this time round - the region is uniquely spectacular in its own way and is also Tshultrim's hometown.

Hopefully the unprecedentedly long winter we had this year was not too much of a discomfort.

BTB's team wishes you the very best and look forward to having you with us yet again in the future.