Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Bhutan exceeded all expectations

The only thing I would change is to spend more time in Bhutan. Was a perfect trip, the organisation... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
skippye2014
Word Class Service .....Catered to Every Need

3 day private Bhutan tour with Dolay as guide and Sunjee as driver. Saw key sites, learned a lot... read more

Reviewed January 8, 2020
Dalia L
Bridgetown, Barbados

All reviews day tour bhutan travel initial contact always felt safe professional driver an excellent guide amazing tour a lot of fun solo trip unique experience great trip beautiful country tiger's nest suman ms interests meals
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2019

I had a great trip. the guide was very knowledgeable and very friendly and the driver was careful and drove very safely. I have seen beautiful things in Bhutan. Had a fantastic trip with great memories.
The hotels were also great. Food is delicious.

Date of experience: April 2019
BhutanTravelBureau, Manager at Bhutan Travel Bureau, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear LiesbethD173,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are glad that you had a fantastic experience of our small country - with great memories and good food.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Probably i'm the first Indian traveler to write a review for BTB. Our tour was organized by their sister company 'Bhutan dragonfly Tours & Travels'. Before deciding on which tour operator to choose, I contacted many of the authorized and well known Bhutan tour operators. But I must say Pranita & Tashi from BTB were prompt to reply all my queries and provide me a customized itinerary as per my requirements. The tour cost met my budget as well.
I had a problem in making the online payment to Bhutan bank and after discussion with Pranita I contacted my bank and did according to her instruction. The payment got through ( though the payment takes 4-5 days to reflect )
Once the payment was made, Tashi was prompt to get the e-permit along with inner route permits.

In Bhutan, We didn't had to take a single headache as our guide Pema was there with every arrangements. He was a knowledgeable and helping person. He got to know our liking and disliking and accordingly set the tour. The choice of his restaurants was great. Our ride was of great comfort and our driver Rajman was a very polite and friendly guy.
All the hotels that were provided were also best in class and had courteous stuff with good food options. We didn't face any issue.

All in all we loved the tour experience with you guys, would love to come back again. We would also love to recommend others to go through Bhutan Travel bureau/ Bhutan Dragonfly as they have the required knowledge , business network and most importantly the goodwill to make a good trip.

Regards,
Manik Roy & Arpita Sinha
(Happy Travelers )

Date of experience: April 2019
BhutanTravelBureau, Manager at Bhutan Travel Bureau, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Dear Manik & Arpita,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and recommendation. Bhutan Dragonfly is glad that you had a seamless trip and enjoyed our country. Our guides and drivers strive to provide their best and are very grateful for your appreciation of their services.
We hope you will visit Bhutan again and look forward to serving you again.

Thank you again and wishing you all the best.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

In my 1st initial contact with BTB in 2016 when planning our 1st trip in march 2017,I was taken in by the prompt response and planning by BTB.Taking into account our interests they suggested a 11day trip and suggested Bumthang.My friends who have traveled to Bhutan before me went only as far as Punakha.BTB gave me a provisional itinerary which I could add or delete.It was such a wonderful trip and I was so glad we include Bumthang.

Hence our 2nd trip this March 2019 again an 11day journey but further East to Mongar and Lhuentse and we insisted on Tshultrim be our guide.Tshultrim turned out to be more than a guide to me ,more like my Dharma brother with his affable nature and knowledge of the significant and historical places.

With BTB you can tailor your visit ,be it nature,trekking,cultural and/or historical temples.
Do note that in this 2nd trip(begin 24th March) the temperature changed from -2deg C to 28deg C and elevation change from 1200m to 3800m.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 4, 2019

In 2017, I came across Bhutan Travel Bureau and started working with them for our visit to Bhutan with some friends in March 2017. We were recommended to do the 11 days tour to cover Paro until Bumthang and was recommended to Climb Tiger's Nest on day 10. Upon arrival at Paro Airport, we met Tshultrim and our driver Tshewang. We spent an extremely exciting and awesome time with them and felt sad to leave after spending 10 days with them.

It was then that both my husband and I prayed to visit again in 2 years time as the roads from Paro to Bumthang will be ready.

March 24, 2019 - my husband and I revisited Bhutan(this was our Thanks giving and pilgrimage trip) for 11 days and was recommended to head East to Mongar and Lhuentse. We requested for Tshultrim to be our guide as we have grown very fond of him. He met us upon arrival at Paro airport and we felt that we have come home to Bhutan.

Our adventure to the East started on Day 3 when we drove from Bumthang to Mongar and Lhuentse. The exciting drive with changing scenery greeted both of us and we experience 2 season change (long winter this year) within the day as we cross Thrumsingla Pass and drove towards Mongar and Lhuentse.

When we headed back to Bumthang, Gangtey, Punakha, Thimphu and Paro, we enjoyed the opportunity to be able to revisit all our favourite sites and to enjoy the hospitality and the culture of the people of Bhutan.

We wish to be able to go back again and will definitely contact BTB and Tshultrim to organize our next visit.

Thank you Tshultrim and BTB for making our Thanks giving and pilgrimage another awesome trip.

Date of experience: March 2019
BhutanTravelBureau, Manager at Bhutan Travel Bureau, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2019

Dear Carie,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We are so glad that you were able to visit again and to experience eastern Bhutan this time round - the region is uniquely spectacular in its own way and is also Tshultrim's hometown.

Hopefully the unprecedentedly long winter we had this year was not too much of a discomfort.

BTB's team wishes you the very best and look forward to having you with us yet again in the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2019

We had always wanted to visit Bhutan, we were not disappointed. From our first contact with BTB, Pranita was excellent in fulfilling our needs, answering many questions and building the perfect tour for us, a small group of 4 friends.

On arrival we were given a very friendly welcome by our guide Dolay and driver Taewan(apologies if wrong spelling).

.....and so began a fabulous week of exploration and wonderment!
Both our tour guide and driver went above and beyond to make sure we had the most splendid experience in Bhutan they could not do enough for us. Always listening always attentive.

Accommodations fitted the bill and we achieved all we wanted too and more

We were very happy to meet Pranita when we stayed in Thimphu and we had the opportunity to thank her personally for the excellent itinerary which she created guided by our requests.

Everything to do with the experience was very professional.

Our guide Dolay was kind and knowledgeable and both driver and guide thoughtful and the driver was very steady an example to all.

Thanks to Pranita , Dolay and the hotel management and staff....A very special birthday celebration was created in the altar and attached room of the Gangtey Palace an experience that will live with us for eve as incredibly moving.

We adored Buthan, the country, it's people, it's way of life.

We cannot recommend BTB enough. I have been in the travel business for over 40 years and you cannot go wrong using this company. Their organisation and consideration is second to none they listen to your needs and deliver.

A huge thank you to all at BTB we were so emotional leaving we had enjoyed a wonderful time and were spiritually uplifted. We hope to be back one day Dolay to see your home valley of Haa!

Date of experience: February 2019
BhutanTravelBureau, Manager at Bhutan Travel Bureau, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Dear Penwyllt

Thank you for the taking the time to post this tremendous review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your trip to Bhutan and that Dolay and Tshewang were able to make it a most splendid experience. We make it a point to meet our guests when they are in town to ensure that all is going well; and to present an opportunity to personally meet those involved in creating your itinerary.

Once again, we thank you for your review and look forward to incorporating an excursion to to Dolay’s village in Haa for your next trip to Bhutan.