“Good enough”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The food is ok, the service consistent. The salads are dreadful - really need some good salads to eat with seafood.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Basket

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Waited a long time and the food was overrated, The food wasn't tasty.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Food was fresh and fast, staff were helpful, we were allowed to order from the 2 restaurants next door or Ocean Basket, which makes this ideal for large or diverse groups. Staff were nice to children too.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Contrary to some of these other reviews, I have actually had pretty good experiences at Ocean Basket. Yes, originally I didn't know why there was a seafood restaurant in landlocked Zambia, but chains are everywhere! I went here mainly because of its proximity to my hotel (Protea).

My colleague and I felt that the calamari three-ways was outstanding, and it definitely surprised us. I did not try the prawns, but those looked good at well. The service was friendly each time I ate here, and the place was rarely "empty," so the atmosphere was good. Being next to Rhapsody's can make a meal at Ocean Basket a little loud, but it's not too bad.

Overall, I would recommend Ocean Basket, particularly the calamari.

1  Thank jg325
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Enjoyed the fish and the others enjoyed the sea food. That day the service was a bit slow. Iwould still recommmend it.